Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Blaster Coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaster Coil

i just ordered some 8.5mm superconductor wires but i need a coil too. is this one allright or do i need a different one? http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/msd_blaster_ss_coil/

Check Out My Car

That one is perfect.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

def a good choice. i have a blaster ss coil as well
      My members ride thread

Comment

aight, now. i ordered the wires and i am going to order the coil. does anyone have an idea where i can order a hi performance distributor cap so i dont burn my stock one up? and one more thing.. can someone make a diagram to show me how this all installs, i plan on doing it but i dont know how

Check Out My Car

Comment

i am not using an ignition system or anything. just the coil, wires and cap. is the coil still ok for me to use? and where is a good place to mount it to run wires?

Check Out My Car

Comment

You won't burn up your stock distributor cap... so you don't really need a "high-performance" one. As far as that coil goes, using it with a stock ignition is usually fine. I will tell you though, I had issues once with someone's H22A1 w/ factory external coil. I replaced it with a Blaster SS coil. Worked great, except above 6k RPM the car had spark issues and just really didn't want to rev above 6k at all. I don't remember the measurements I made with the multimeter but if I remember correctly, the MSD coil had much lower resistance in the primary winding than the stock coil (this equates to higher ampere demand on the igniter). It seemed as if the factory igniter couldn't supply enough power at the higher rpms to produce a good spark with that coil. (I also tried an MSD Blaster 2 coil with the same result). Once I switched it back to the stock coil, all the problems evaporated.

Cliff's notes: You might want to consider using an MSD 6A ignition or similar for best results. Trust me, an MSD ignition with an MSD coil is an awesome combination. You'll save gas and see a little more power.

Comment

so i dont need a different dis. cap? just the stock or should i get an oem replacement new to go along with the new stuff? i am gunna do the 8.5mm superconductor wires, the ss coil, the cap and some new ngk v-power plugs. does all that sound good? i dont have the money to do a 6a ignition right now, but will it all still work aight u think? and where is a good place to mount the coil, on the right front wheel well near the intake?

Check Out My Car

Comment

skip the wires and the cap and use that money towards the ignition box.
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

allready got the wires. i wanna do something now for it. so u recommend wires coil and cap or what?

Check Out My Car

Comment

ignition box is what i recommend
                    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

thats what everyone told me to run... run the ss instead of the blaster 2

Comment

ok i am doin the SS coil and msd wires and ngk spark plugs, so do i need a better distributor cap or not?

Check Out My Car

Comment

Originally posted by xtr91accord
                          so i dont need a different dis. cap? just the stock or should i get an oem replacement new to go along with the new stuff? i am gunna do the 8.5mm superconductor wires, the ss coil, the cap and some new ngk v-power plugs. does all that sound good? i dont have the money to do a 6a ignition right now, but will it all still work aight u think? and where is a good place to mount the coil, on the right front wheel well near the intake?
                          if u don't get a cap u will need to modify the stock cap to accept an external coil. easier just to get an msd cap----only like 25bucks. and near the intake is a perfect place that is where i have mine mounted. and the blasterr ss comes with vibration mounts. install well u def need to pay attention to the instructions and have alot of patience. the instructions actually had a major misprint. but i figured it out after awhile. lol good luck to ya!!!!
                          My members ride thread

Comment

can u send me a link to the cap, i am having trouble finding one. know they have one for a 93 but idk if its the same. i need one for a 91 for and external coil.

Check Out My Car

Comment

I replied to you on your other thread. Like they said the cap will be only $35. And you'll need it anyways to use the external coil. And if yours is old why not buy a new MSD one. It's part # 8292. You can even get it on ebay.
                              Honda Modified Cap Install
                              Coil Install
                              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                              X