Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob

hey guys, i just purchased a 92 lx 4dr last week. my question is, performance wise, what kindof power am i looking at with the usual i/e/h, plugs, wires, ecu. and secondly is this power versus an h22 swap worth? does the h22 bolt right in to the f22 motor mounts?
    thanks.
    1992 4 door lx auto
    gray with burgandy interior
    stock with gutted air box

Originally posted by unionnakita
    hey guys, i just purchased a 92 lx 4dr last week. my question is, performance wise, what kindof power am i looking at with the usual i/e/h, plugs, wires, ecu. and secondly is this power versus an h22 swap worth? does the h22 bolt right in to the f22 motor mounts?
    thanks.
    ur better off saving ur money for the h22.. you wont gain to much on your f22 with i/e/h. i think tha f22a1 is rated at 130hp (i think) and yes you will need custom motor mounts for tha h22 swap.

:Back In Business...

Comment

actually you could use the same mounts if im not mistaken...you only need a custom tranny mount if youre going from auto-to-manual

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

oh and dont forget to search for your answer...this is a common swap so it has been covered before numerous times...check out the performance forum, swap thead

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

I did a search on 'header' and pretty much the results just show people talking about the h22 and about which one will give them 10-20whp and all that. As I searched more for the stock engine cb7 header, they mentioned about stainless, chrome, dc (being soso by some) not giving power and just a waste. etc etc.. So with out making another one to waste, I'll post up here.

Exactly how much gains can you get by just changing the header with an aftermarket all else being same? I wasn't able to find any dyno sheets from others.

I have a 90 ex and currently want to change my header, but I know (i know its a waste if dont change exhaust) but for now just the header. The reason is, my current header is rusty, and it looks to be in bad shape. I don't want it to cause probs I think its so bad that the bolts and everything have rusted away the treads.

I'm curious to know which BRANDS would be most reliable and give the best gain for the 90 ex. I came up w/ OBX, MEGAN, DC (ceramic)??

any ideas, suggestions education welcomed. im continuing to search for my answers.

so in essense, i want to keep my exhaust stock, and just change my header with an aftermarket one.
          thanks
          Last edited by FishyMan; 07-16-2005, 03:14 PM.
          hahahahah

Comment

cool i appreciate the insight there arrozburner. i did gut the airbox and put in a new filter. ( I know i didn't gain any power, just runs smooth ) plugs looked ok but i believe that ive seen people recommend ngk plugs on here, prolly what ill go with
            1992 4 door lx auto
            gray with burgandy interior
            stock with gutted air box

Comment

you should be good with ngk plugs and wires

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Working...
              X