Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

anyone got DSM 450cc injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone got DSM 450cc injectors

i was wondering, what are the performance parts you got to make the injectors work properly. Do you need to have a turbo? cause i bought some, and they didnt work right cause all i had was an intake and the AEM pulleys. Now i got more stuff done to my car and was wondering how much more i need to tune it to get them working. let me know what yall got. laterz
    -kool92accord-

well you need a aftermarket fuel controller wether it be a afc hack or a chipped ecu in order to control fuel flow rates.... i got my 450s with my turbo and i got it tuned just fine, but its with a afc.... if yuou just slap em in, ther ecu will basically flood the engine cause they flow higher ccs and the same efficiency as the stock ones... obviosly almost 2 times as much fuel..... and its not necessay to have 450cc of fuel flow unless your usin a turbo or goin high hp NA.... jus basic bolt ons, the stock FI should be ablew to handle it with sumthin as basic as an fmu if that.....dont just rely on my werd cuz i'm not a pro here....

Comment

you don't need the 450cc injectors. To tune them you would need a chipped ecu or hack, or if your really good, a fpr and lower the fuel pressure to a certain psi so the engine is flooded by the bigger injectors. For basic mods, a fpr with the fuel pressure bumped up a couple of psi would be fine.

The reason they didn't work right is because your stock ecu is set to a certain duty cycle at certain vacuum/rpm/throttle postion. So when it reads something it dump a set amount of fuel for the stock injectors. Now when you upgrade to bigger injectors and don't modify the fuel rate, the ecu will keep the injectors open the same amount of time as the stock one, but since you have 450ccs, they flow more and will allow a lot more fuel in the the normal 240cc injectors. It's late, so if you understand that, that's why they won't work.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

450cc is not an upgrade part ... it's a needed part for turbocharging an engine. i removed my turbo for 2 week and didnt remove my injector even with the afc i flooded my ring

Comment

I'm running 450ccs on my f22b, and it's running fine because it's tuned right. I've been running them for over 3 months now.
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

^^^just gonna let him handle this one.

kool92accord, u should look into my chipped ecu's...$135 chipped and shipped.

^^^shameless plug
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

dude u don't need the 450's for the header i sold u aand ur intake/pulley. just reset the ecu by pulling the ecu and radio backup fuse in the fuse box. then let it sit for a few mins. then put the fuses in and start the car and let it ideal tell warm then ur good to go!

if u do want to gain some hp u might be able to get some more by getting a uberdata chiped ecu from MRX for the 135 and tune it, but read everything before u try.

Comment

I dont think they is worth haven unless you are turbo, then you need mrx's chipped p06, it is sweet! My car is soooooo much more fun!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                  dude u don't need the 450's for the header i sold u aand ur intake/pulley. just reset the ecu by pulling the ecu and radio backup fuse in the fuse box. then let it sit for a few mins. then put the fuses in and start the car and let it ideal tell warm then ur good to go!

if u do want to gain some hp u might be able to get some more by getting a uberdata chiped ecu from MRX for the 135 and tune it, but read everything before u try.

its cause i bought them awhile back, but i guess im just goin to sell them then
                  -kool92accord-

Comment

Working...
                  X