Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 Single Cam Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 Single Cam Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stole this from www.SOHCHonda.com. Just thought some of you might be interested. Bisi is running 9's with a naturally aspirated sohc and carbs. Hopefully he will dominate the All motor/Pro stock class this year.

"Greetings all,
    It is with great pleasure that I announce to you our new race vehicle.

The Torco/Webcam/Bisimoto.com Honda Insight will campaign the Allmotor/Prostock class in 2005.

Thom Taylor (of Hot Rod Magazine fame) provided the art rendering of the new race vehicle, in cooperation with Type 2 graphics, who handled the vinyl scheme. The new Steen Chassis prepped Insight received the same F22 single cam powerplant as our CRX, but presents significant speed and elapsed time enhancements due to improved aerodynamics, and technology from MSD and Innovate Motorsports. Retaining the same full unibody theme as its predecessor CRX, gearbox improvements by Houseman Autosports will ensure the enhanced competitive nature for the 2005 drag race season and beyond. A simple 4 puck Action Clutch provides the ideal power transfer to the TCI axles assembly.

Arias pistons provided the utmost in piston design enhancements, complimented with custom Webcam "bumpsticks"and custom rocker assembly. Kibblewhite, valves and seats are mated to a custom Bisimoto/RS Machine ported head. TurboHot Coatings, in Riverside, California, provided ceramic and moly coatings for the entire powerplant, including the popular Bisimoto Engineering headers that scavenge cylinder spent gases. A custom Afco Racing Radiator, and Z10 engineering dry sump system, plumbed by Bonaco Inc., promises significant safety and power gains. Torco SR-1 Motor Oils grace the sohc engine and drivetrain. A custom progress suspension provides a foundation for improved 60ft times, while Circle racing adored the new Insight with their new line of anodized series 350 wheels.
    Additional thanks go out to NGK, Rockett Brand Fuels, Animal House Racing, GoFastR.com, SCE Gaskets, AutoMeter, Barnes Pump Systems, Crow Safety, Darton Sleeves, AEM, Fast by Gast, Howards Aluminum Rods, Jax Motorsports, and Burns Stainless.

I have taken the liberty of attaching recent "still shots" of the new car from California Speedway, in Fontana, Ca. On behalf of our team, I would like to thank our fans for the continued support, as we look to another record breaking season."

http://www.arimport.com/forum/lofive...php/t2967.html

^sold

yup bisi is at it again, been running the sohc f22 for 3 years now and still rocking hard. you should see the tranny plate they had to make to mate the d series tranny! crazzy!!
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

all hail bisi
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Thats the guy i keep talking about. Yo, that engine build is bitchin.

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          all hail bisi

1966 Chevy Nova
          1974 Super Beetle
          2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
          2004 Honda Element
          2004 Honda Ruckus
          2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
          www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

I have the engine build up article but no scanner...he's making ~350whp/250wtq all motor, with a 17:1 level compression ratio and an H22 crank, w/a 90mm bore. In theory he only has to rev to 7200rpm to make that kind of power, but who knows? The engine is sick. There is hope for the all-motor peeps...

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
            X