Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

cai install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cai install question

hey I picked up a used AEM cold air intake and I was looking at the diy post on how to install it. It mentioned to stuff some AEM foam into one of the vac lines . Can Any type of foam ( like some off of an atv air filter) be used?
    sorry if this is posted in the wrong fourm.

anyone?

Comment

You just have to plug it bro..

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Originally posted by FDAccord
        You just have to plug it bro..
        So I plug both lines?

Comment

for aem intake

on 90-93 models you have to install the peice of foam on the starting boost valve located on the end of the upper intake manifold(opposite end throttle body). unplug the vac line and remove. the connection on the starting valve is where you put the foam. use zip tie to secure. just use foam that will allow enough air to pass through, otherwise itll have trouble starting. on the 94-97 accord you have to plug the vac line since their is no starting boost valve. the end of intake has an air boost valve where all the accessories like power steering and fuel pump regualtor vacuum source. on 94-95 models use foam on intake manifold where fuel injection air boost valve connects tof fuel rail.

goodluck

Comment

thanks "x" The used aem did not come with any foam , What type of foam should I use? I know it is a lame question so sorry in addvance

Comment

any foam

just use foam thatt isnt as dense like a foam mattress, it has to allow air to get in to allow easier starting,but the foam also prevents dirt from getting in. the vac line you disconnect is garbage you can toss it. thnk it connect starting valve to throttle body. just plug throttl body bung when you disconect it

Comment

very cool thanks

Comment

Working...
                X