Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What about the h23?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the h23?

What do you guys think of the H23a1? Yes, its the USDM one. Would it be worth the swap?

There's a wrecked 4th gen prelude at work, and the only thing that was ruined in the engine bay, was the air intake box. Its really no big deal. It was an impound and when the lein goes through in ten more days, it becomes the bosses. When that happens, I was thinking of getting it from the boss
    But im not if the swap aint worth it. stay with the f22 or go h23 (both auto...)?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

yeah man...depends on price too though...i would scoop it up...

Comment

the h23 (f22b dohc) is pretty nice, an improvement over the f22 for sure. If you can do it for a decient price, do it.
      1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

i would do it, for a decent price tho. h23 is a strong motor, it pulls pretty hard. i would build it for boost, get sleeves, rods, pistons, the works mang. then boost the motha out.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

are there any drawbacks of -STILL- not having vtec? I really want to boost. Which is a better boost build? h22 or h23?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

who said there were drawbacks for not having VTEC? If anything you can search here, the H22 head can go onto the H23 if you really want VTEC. Me personally I would rather spend the money on building the motor for boost than getting VTEC. But look for the accord on here with the headswap and ask him how it is.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

better to boost the h23.......i wouldnt boost the h22
              H Twenty Twizzle

Comment

Yeah, im not too sure im going to do a headswap. Like i said, I REALLY want to boost. But i have NO experience what so ever. I read up on homemadeboost.com and i was lost. Something about sleeves and h22 pistons and new connecting arms? Meh? Do they sell turbo kits for the h23?

Comment

The H23A1 is a very good engine. If you get it for a good price it will be a worthwhile swap. Will give you more torque and power, deffinately a noticable upgrade.

H23A1's take more to boost in stock form then an H22A would because of it's lower compression. The lower compression makes it work more effciently and safely under boost. A more forgiving setup.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

The biggest difference between the H23 and H22 would be power. Basically imagine the power being on opposite ends of the spectrum and you basically have what each engine accels in. Initial torque is lower in the power band in the H23 thus giving you power in the low end of the spectrum while the H22 will give you power in the high end of the spectrum mainly in VTEC land. You will definately notice a difference in power going from the F22 to the H23 especially in the low end.
                    BustedLX basically said what i would have said about boosting. It is why so many go N/A on the H22 and boost the H23.
                    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

if not just get the head..... and sell me the timing gear....

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by g-wagon
                        if not just get the head..... and sell me the timing gear....
                        lol, eh no

so, i noticed you guys said about lower compression. I want to be able to get, a very nice amount of boost. I know the most common is 8 or 10 psi. What can I do to get more. Like i said, I am a NEWB at boosting and ish like that. But i have been told, boosting is the way to go... how do i lower compression? How much work am I looking at? I'm aiming for around 260+ hp...

Comment

Ok I hve the H23 in my car from the f22a4 with the A6 manifold. The H23 pulls lot harder then the f22a. I remember i could spin/chirp 2nd gear with my F22 but now with the H23 it just wants to go. same tranny i had with both motors. my friend drove my car since i did the motor swap and he notice a differnece in power instantly. it pulls harder adn torque its right their not like it was with the F22a. The motor was turbo already and it pulled hard as hel for only 4psi of boost. If i could recall it pull a est 175hp on the dyno un-tuned, than was auto then (MOTOR WAS IN A PRELUDE) just slapped on a drag turbo kit and than was all. I do have a f22b at my house. selling the block if anybody is interested if you want non-vtec and torque and turbo go with the H23

Comment

I say build both before you boost. Either one can fail and be unforgiving in reality spec. And not to mention boost is unforgiving if its gonna go bro its gonna go.

Comment

so danny did you take in what i told on AIM.. its more than just vtec and CR sleeves etc. just buy the motor already...sell the Z and go all out on the accord. and get down to the DMV boy...

hmm.. well you should also talk to ssdaccord hes from daygo and im sure hed like to help out a fellow cb7tuner with a swap

Comment

Working...
                              X