Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Honda Dealership Prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Dealership Prices?

I'm really too impatient right now and I was just wondering if anyone knows what Honda charges for adjusting the valves, i also wanna know how much they would charge for a diagnosis.. I get paid tommorow so I'm hoping I can get a good price before realizing where i should throw my money.

http://www.FLAccords.com

try do your own..
    hahahahah

Comment

I think it's around $60. The best way to find out is by calling your local honda service center.
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

don't bother with honda.....DIY, it's fun, it's easy and well u can say....I did this! the feeling of watching you build your own car and work on it is great. i have no respect for those who uses parents money to finance their work and don't even try to do it them selves or even want to know how to do it!!!!!!!!!!! If u do not do your own work on your car( to an extent) then u shouldn't own a car!
        My members ride thread

Comment

that is a very good point, if u mess up then it is a lesson learned.
          that is how i have learned in the past. DIY
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
            don't bother with honda.....DIY, it's fun, it's easy and well u can say....I did this! the feeling of watching you build your own car and work on it is great. i have no respect for those who uses parents money to finance their work and don't even try to do it them selves or even want to know how to do it!!!!!!!!!!! If u do not do your own work on your car( to an extent) then u shouldn't own a car!
            Good point. Owning a car also means working on it with your skill level.
            Thats why I hate people who lease cars, most of them do not know how to open their hoods because they go the dealer for that.

Get the valve adjustment at the dealer, but it would be a good idea to learn how to do it, that why there are repair manuals available. When you complete projects on your car, it feels great that you did it yourself.

Comment

Do it yourself the stealership will bleed you out the anus and make you wait.

Comment

35.00 dollars to take off the timing belt cover and tell me my camshaft was broke...

Comment

The mechanics at the stealership are just as dumb as any other mechanic. DIY, you will thank us for it.

Comment

AMEN!!!!!! 35 bucks eh lol wow when i first moved to NH and went to a dealership, they charged me 75 bucks just to DIAGNOSE the problem. lol then fixing it was extra. i was quoted 600 to get new front axle. lol hahaha so yea if u can do it yourself go for it whoo hooo
                    My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
                      AMEN!!! There is something wonderful about using your own two hands to build something that you use...and amen to the daddies credit card statement too
                      2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
                      JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
                      My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

Vote for DIY!!!!

dealers will rape ur pockets

I just payed $800 CAD to change the brake lines (rusted out) I should of bought air tools new lines and still save money!!!!!But becuase it involed taking out the gas tank...........and brakes........I'm not at that level yet.......

valve adjustmant should be easy go for it!!! If u mess up we here!!!!

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

ouch guys..... bashing the dealerships.... not all of them rape people...

valve adjustment pays 1.2 here at 59bux an hour so 70 plus tax. 76.55 with tax in right off of my service pricing program here at work.

OH and yah the techs may be idiots but they are idiots that have worked on our motors everyday like 10 times a day. So i guess u can call them experienced idiots if u wish, but hey every dealership is different.

Centre PA SCCA

Comment

its not the dealers fault you guys cant work on cars :sigh: mechanics are just trying to do their job, its not their faults dealers charge so much. thats the price you pay for not being able to work on cars..

i hate it when people bash on other professions cause they cant do it themselves..
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                            X