Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ws2 install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ws2 install

if i buy a ws2 catback system how difficult would the install be... does it require welding.. or can it be done in a driveway
    from f22 to H22. still love the cb7.

yeah do it in a driveway ...its easy..put in on then drive to a local shop and have them weld the joints...when you do it get new hangers they r only a few dollars at the parts store....

Comment

The system is a full bolt on. Welding isn't required as they give you gaskets. The only trouble I ran into was the Cat bolts were seized and I had to have my uncle torch them off for me. However since you're in FL i don't think that'll be as much of an issue for you since my bolts were rusted.

Comment

i bought a new cat to deal with that . . . haha, i should have just had them torched out . . . but i fucked up the flange pretty bad trying to cut them off with a die grinder then drill them out
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

I put my WS2 in about 45 minutes, counting dealing with the stubourne cat bolts.
          Go for it! *Thumbs Up!*

- Zipcreature
          Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

The hardest part is the cat bolts if they are rusted... if you use Vicegrips (if you cant get them off) you should be ok. its not a hard job at all took me not long in the rain, I wanted it on the car.
            **My CB7 has been sold**

Comment

Spray some rust penatrator on the bolt and then try to remove it. If the head is messed up then go to sears and purchase a set of craftsman easy out bolt removers

Comment

its easy, easier with someone to help hold the pipes! i took pics of my install if itll help
                FA1

Comment

My bolts were rusted too, I used a breaker bar and a six of beer in the end I got it off, felt good about it and my knuckles weren't too bloody

Comment

Working...
                  X