Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Thinking of getting chipped (h22a) p28...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of getting chipped (h22a) p28...

Hey,

I've got a JDM H22a 5spd and i'm thinking of changing out my stock P13 for a chipped P28. Basicly to have a stock H22a fuel map, no EGR/KS. One thing I'd like to eventually get setup, though I dont know how, is to get a live LCD output in my dash, near radio...of coool shit like RPM, A:F ratio and stuff like that. Does that have to do with a "socketed" ECU or what? can anyone tell me about this stuff?

Thanks
    2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
    JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
    My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

just buy a damn vafc and mount it near your radio............problem solved. As far as the chipped ECU, just buy a damn vafc and tune it to your specifications.
    H Twenty Twizzle

Comment

true if u only want a stock fuel map and such on a socketed ECU just spend the money on a VAFC and have someone send u their setting for a similar setup and u will have made a little power over stock and such...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

but does that take out EGR/KS? I didn't think that it did...I'm also trying to bypass two CEL's here

Comment

My buddy writes custom programs for Honda ECUs. Where abouts are you?? He chipped my P28 and the car felt like it woke up. No more annoying JDM speed limiter either... 180km/h? That's where the fun begins.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

The Vafc will do nothing for the ks and egr cels. Dont waste your time with it.

Comment

Yeah what shonuff said lol.

Comment

well..there is a major power loss because of CEL's esp. from 2->4 on the tac...i really want to get those fixed, cheap...

Comment

Fix the problems and then swap the ECU's. What exactly are your DTC's?
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

they DTC's are 12/23 (EGR/KS). I can't get the EGR to work for shits, and the KS has never worked, so this go around i didn't even bother running the wire to the wiring harness...

Comment

Working...
                    X