Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headers

Alright i want to get some dc headers but i was wondering what other cars will fit a F22A6 motor? like preludes or such? and wat years? cuz there's some that are selling used around here.

Originally posted by srsskyline
    Alright i want to get some dc headers but i was wondering what other cars will fit a F22A6 motor? like preludes or such? and wat years? cuz there's some that are selling used around here.
    headers? what u got a v6 or something?........header my friend......header.

Comment

Anyway, to answer your question, H23 headers will also fit an F22. There's a Megan Racing header for sale here for $115, which is a good price. DC really isn't that good anymore. Megan is easily as good, and a lot cheaper
      Originally posted by DoctorCipher
      ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
        Anyway, to answer your question, H23 headers will also fit an F22. There's a Megan Racing header for sale here for $115, which is a good price. DC really isn't that good anymore. Megan is easily as good, and a lot cheaper

Hmm..... so if DC isnt really all that good, but Megan is just as good as DC, then I would think they BOTH arent that good.... right???

Comment

thanks for the replies ill look into it.

Comment

Not to thread jack but - What is a better alternative to the DC sports 4-2-1 header (i've already got one) to work with the CAI and 60mm (2.5ish) exhaust?

- Zipcreature
            Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

i dont see anything wrong with a dc header 4-2-1. Mine works perfectly fine and i love it
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Yes, but wouldnt a 4-1 header be better tuned for top-end HP? Does anyone make this, besides a custom racing on thats like $800?

- Zipcreature
                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

but it also depends if you need that CARB number or not because you are merely paying for the smog legal stuff.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Aight so Megan is probably comprable to my DC sports - I'm just paying for the C.A.R.B number with the Sports?
                    Does anyone else have any imput into this? To recap I've already got a set of the DC 4-2-1 header, and would like to tune for more power.
                    What are everyones thoughts on 4-1 headers for the F22? I know as far as other things there are pullies and fpr, small things, but I'm really interested in a better header!

- Zipcreature
                    Awesome!

Comment

i also believe that the 4-1 is for low-end and the 4-2-1 design is for top-end.
                      4-2-1 has more flow thus creating more top-end power or horsepower.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

^^ well if thats the case and our engine loves the high-rev then we would/should get the 4-2-1 right??
                        hahahahah

Comment

Wed3k I'm thinking your about right but just backwards - the 4-2-1 is known as "torque step". It flows better low to mid range. And keep in mind I'm not 100% on this but...the 4-1 has lag on the bottem end while increasing top end hp.
                          Of course that could be totally inaccurite. Anyone else wanna throw in on this?
                          - Zipcreature
                          Awesome!

Comment

i was always led to believe that the 4-2-1 was for top-end but whatever.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

if you guys are lookin for a header that will give a lot of hp and tq, then you guys need the RMF header.

u can get them from here RMF HEADERS

they are dyno proven to give u like 15-20 hp, i dunno about the tq tho.
                              also, i dont know if they make them for the h23/f22.

, those are on the h22. they go for like 800 shipped

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                              X