Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

what's the potential of an f22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think what attracted me about building up my F22 instead of doing H22 swap is, I was to get more involved & get some engine rebuilding experience, instead of just swapping a motor (not that it's easy). Just want to get my hands more dirty I guess & learn for future projects.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

the biggest argument i here from people going with the h22 is that you start off with a higher horsepower to begin with comapred to lets say the f22...but thats at a 11:1 compression ratio. i want to go the boost way so im going to have to lower this to a more boost friendly 9:1 so how much hp am i going to lose with the lower compression?

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

don't look at it as how much hp ur going to lose by lowering the compression ratio look at it as how less likely will detonation occur at full boost. And another way to consider it is sure u'll be lowering the c.r. but at around 3k rpm there'll be alot more compression in the cylinders than at idle...basically the c.r. raises a bit in a turbo charged engine, although i'm not sure how much or how to measure it but when the vtec from the h22 kicks in that should also alter the c.r. among many other things.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

if you were to sleeve the H22, you could keep almost the stock CR, but drop it down to 9.5 or 10:1 and turbo it like 7 psi and get good power off the get go , all the way up the scale. Quick response

I'd wonder if a high-volume oil pump would be needed to lubricate this setup? I'd look into that & see if stock Honda engine seals can handle it the oil pressure...that's been a question of mine I don't know the answer too.

then you'd need LSD fo sho to hook that shit up & good tires
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

here's another questions...i know ive read somewhere on this site that there really is no point to swapping a sohc vtec head from a 5th gen on our cb7...not much hp gain...but i was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to do this since im planning on going the turbo way...you know, for fuel economy and stuff like that? would there be other benefits to getting a sohc vtec head?

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
            Originally posted by ACC0RD22
            no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
            So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

For economy i'm not sure, for praticality i'd say no because vtec changes the valve timing to stay open longer during high rpm. Forced induction setups such as a turbo don't need the valves to stay open longer to fill the combustion chamber with air/fuel. It would make it difficult to tune is all and would require a great deal more dyno time to get perfectly correct. I do know, however, that it definately can be done. I've heard of sohc vtec setups that cause steering problems a little bit down the track because the vtec kicks in so hard the car losses traction. So it CAN be done but if ur just looking for better gas mileage i'd say no...The turbo being in the way of the exhaust system will benefit ur gas mileage anyways as long as u daily drive below about 3K rpm. I think the real question is where are u going to find a turbo exhaust manifold for either of those heads. Cause if ur not buying a kit they are hella hard to find

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

there is plenty of potential in the F22A series motor. i used to run a F22A6 with full headwork done to it..i don't have time slips coz this was almost 3 years ago, but it was consistent low 14's with good tuning. unfortunately, i let my stubborness get the best of me. for years i drove around with the passenger fender lining half torn through rain, snow, etc...anyway, i had the aem cai when it first came out, and never had a problem. finally, spring 2002, its raining hard and i didn't see the deep water on the GCP(grand central pkwy)and BOOM!!!! goodbye F22A6
                so 'arrozburner', if u decide to build ur F series motor, pm me or email, i'll let u know exactly what i did.. good luck.
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

primocb7...still got that head?

Comment

sorry, got rid of the motor when i did the swap. the head was no good anyway coz the valvetrain warped up and seized. what have u done so far?
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

just intake and grounding wires so far, but i'm looking at a t3/t04e turbo right now...no seriously its in my hand . I'll make a thread about my soon to be spooled CB7...hmm...spooledcb7...sounds like my new aim name !

Comment

I already have most of my stuff planned out, but it still wouldn't hurt to hear about it from someone who has been there. How about you just post what all you had up here so others can read it too?

Comment

Working...
                        X