Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

what's the potential of an f22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the potential of an f22?

i was wondering what type of potential an f22 has in the performance area? i was planning on going with the obvious h22 swap and turbo charge it. but i was wondering what the potential of an f22 is? with the money i save from purchasing the h22 i could buy another f22 and work on it until the one i have now gives out on me. with the cash i save, i could do more things to the engine like bore it out...how much can i bore it? could i get good hp, i mean, its my daily driver so i dont want to get too crazy...only in the 200 hp area also, lets say i bore it out a bit and turbo charge it, would it be a good idea to swap in an h22 tranny for the better gears or stick with the f22?

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

im not an expert in this field, but im guessing everyone is gonna say just swap it for an h22. If memory serves me correctly, it starts with the 200 hp youre looking for, and the aftermarket for it is bigger. And its easier to squeeze out the desired power youre looking for. As for boring and turboing, i know nada. Theres lots of experts here though, and im sure someone with knowledge greater than my own will answer your preguntas satisfactorily.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

well since ur asking about the F22
      anything has potential.. that tall tale saying sticks true
      how fast you wanna go? how much money u have to spend
      a complete h22a swap cost about 4k a shop installing it.
      with that 4k you could make the f22 just as quick as the h22a+
      of course with the use of force induction but none the less just as quick or quicker
      i mean even just normal bolt ons and nitrous can get u H22a power.
      intake=170ish
      header=300ish
      exhaust good ish=450
      nitrous kit running 50shot=500
      2 step colder ngks=12bucks?
      nitrous cam=100
      total=about 2,000 and u have a car that is just as quick as a h22a or just about seeing as how the tranny is longer.
      then there is the other route.

turbo..

im not going to get into detail on which routes u can go with an F series its already been said but for about the money of the swap u can run a low 5-7psi boost kit on ur accord.
      rule of thumb is nice as well
      for every lb of boost u have 5-10hp 10hp being with good tuning
      so ur looking at around 25hp-35hp untuned to 50hp-70hp tuned
      doesnt sound like much does it but think about it
      140hp stock flywheel hp from a f22a6
      add 50hp its at 190hp flywheel
      and about 150-60whp which is about what the h22a makes
      not to mention more torque..
      bah
      so many ways u could go
      u can also do a cheap swap
      f22jdm dohc, f22b dohc non vtec,f20a,h23a
      u have alot of options.
      if u wanna go wiht the premade kits
      u should check out

turbo kits for cb7

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
        im not an expert in this field, but im guessing everyone is gonna say just swap it for an h22. If memory serves me correctly, it starts with the 200 hp youre looking for, and the aftermarket for it is bigger. And its easier to squeeze out the desired power youre looking for. As for boring and turboing, i know nada. Theres lots of experts here though, and im sure someone with knowledge greater than my own will answer your preguntas satisfactorily.
        holy snaps! is this another hispanic guy on here? not to be racist or anything, but i thought the majoity of peeps on here were either white or filipino...que pasa compadre como estas y de donde eres?

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

thanks for the info, like i said i know i could go with the h22 but instead of plucking down 2200 for the h22 i could use 300 to get another f22 and have 1900 to build it up...what i was thinking is boring it out a bit and adding forged pistons and rods so that it could handle higher boost levels...the thing is i dont know how much i could bore it out and if its a good idea to go with the h22 tranny once i do this or stick with the f22...either one, im still going to make it stronger plus i think the h22 tranny's have lsd...what about the f22's?

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

sounds good to me

also theres some black folks here to

but yeah, i see it like this, any one of the motors can be made to go,

only difference it the hp from stock (thats the huge difference)

like im building my f22 motor and right now im making pretty good power with it, but if i did the same thing to a h22, it would be better, just look at like that, the h22 always gona have 70 more hp (i think) then the f22, u can make ur f22 faster then a h22, but if u take the h22 and do the same thing with it, its still gona be faster over all.

but goin the h22 route u have to look at how much u may have to spend to get it and get it working right

u basically save bout 3-4000bux keeping ur f22 and building that but u still will always not have that extra 70hp u would have if u choose to go h22.

me i cant afford the h22, so i have to make do's with my f22
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
              holy snaps! is this another hispanic guy on here? not to be racist or anything, but i thought the majoity of peeps on here were either white or filipino...que pasa compadre como estas y de donde eres?
              nada. estoy bueno y soy de indiana, pero yo vivo en kentucky.
              nah man, im as white as they come, but i speak a little spanish and a little german. Took 5 years off spanish through high school/middle school and 2 german in high school and 2 german in college. Some people say i look like i have a little hispanic influence in me though, and i might, im not really sure. So, lo siento for bursting your bubble, pero no soy de mexico. My spanish is pretty sloppy probably so i appologize if i sound like an idiot.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

You got a Cuban here

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                JDM H22
                Port n Polished Int Mani
                Bored TB, maxed
                MSD 6A
                I/H/E
                no cat
                [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Don't forget Rice people

If Ya call me Rice, I'll say- That some good shit niz, I eat them 3 time a day.

IF you call my car Rice, I 'll pop the trunk, and offer you a bag, I just pick up 4 bag from a AZN grocery store

Did You know Rice came in difrent type

There is:
                  Mugen Type R white Rice
                  Ghetto type S black Rice
                  Weapon_R-US Brown Rice
                  and of course Fried Rice and steam Rice

Sorry this post is complete off topic, But with 6pack and 5 guyz playing Need4speed Underground. There a bit of Rice in all of US....
                  90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                  < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

does anyone know how much i could bore out an f22? or is it just a good idea to do a port and polish and leave the bore the same?

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

I dunno why, but I kinda hope to stick wit my f22a6..lots of potential, instead of following everyone, and their mother's uncle on teh h22 swap. The f22 is just as good. I plan on sticking a f22b1 sohc head on there, since no one tells me the h23 dohc head will work (someone wanna help? I wanna bore the f22a6 throttle manifold, and stroke the motor to a 2.6 liters..it can be done..read the sport compact car mag..i forget the issue, but a guy did do it. a twin turbo setup perhaps? I dunno, but this motor has got potential, and I would not be following everyone else..my style is unique..that is what wins in my books..

-A. Swift

ps. I love the h22..nothin wrong wit that..jsut trying to be different..
                      CB7 member number 137
                      Black Doubt Crew member #2
                      Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

well considering that the f22 has iron sleevs... quite a bit. im going all motor f22 vtec. sure its not as cost effective as an h22, but whatever, i dont care.

Comment

hmmm i could stroke it (he he he) up to 2.6...didnt know that...if you could find the article then that would be great, i would have to get a whole new stroker kit but hey, i was planning on upgrading the internals either way. just imagine the possibilities, a 2.6 f22 turbocharged i want more info on this subject please

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

There are a few of us on here pursuing the F22's potential, but there are more going the H22 route. So you have the best of both worlds to talk to. Just keep your eyes open & you'll notice who's pursuing what. The member's ride section will get you going on who & what.

BTW I'm Dominican, Spanish, Chileno mix. There's a few hispanos 'round here & a few that just plain understand some Spanish.

lata
                            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

hey guys, new to the forum but not to the car. My name is antoine and i'm building an f22 along with the rest/half of you. It wasn't my first option but when i found an upgraded turbo kit for under $1650 i couldn't pass it up and after months of pain staking interneting i found all the ingredients needed to do a bottom end build up...btw to run more than about 7 psi on a daily driver u should not only upgrade the pistons and rods but sleeve the block also which i've seen is good to about 22 psi. Ugh...i have alot to say but i'll try to keep it short, the h22 is very powerful but when u try to upgrade the internals u'll run into a problem, the sleeves are FRM (i think thats what its called) not iron like the f22's, which means putting forged pistons into the block will RIP the sleeves apart so u HAVE to unsleeve then resleeve the block. Search for a prelude forum and find out urself if u don't believe me. Also on boring the f22 most shops won't bore more and 1.5mm i believe which would leave u with a 86.5 bore diameter. There isn't enough metal to go any further and going any further could easily cause ur block to crack and explode...and i don't mean piston through the hood explode i mean schrapnel exploding and endangering lives. Sleeving the block with a different tougher metal is much better and WILL allow u to overbore the block much past the 86.5mm. Arrozburner, with 1900 u won't get to far...u'll need around $2000 for the bottom end another $2000 for a complete head job, and then god knows how much for bolt-ons. I've seen good f22's out there like one that had intake, exhaust, cam gear, act clutch and a 75 shot of the good stuff...he ran a 14.5. H23 heads can in fact fit on an f22, i just have to find the thread, the only real tricky part is deciding which head gasket to use because of the h23's bigger bore. Thats all i can remember right now cause i just completely forgot what this thread is about...please remind me and i'll post again lol. And happy holidays all
                              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                              X