Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 auto chipped ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 auto chipped ECU

wats up everyone. i am fucking tired of my auto, it shifts at 6500, so VTEC engages only from 5200 to 6500 and thats not enough. that pisses me off. i dont have enough money right now to switch it to manual. so i was curious if anyone knows IF i can get a chipped ECU somewhere. would greatly aprecciate any help. thanks.

uberdata with a basemap would work. allow you to take off the rev limiter. mrx accord r33, and theres another guy now, there the people to talk to if you want a chipped ecu with UD. of course you can chip it yourself.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

its just not the rev limiter in the ecu holding you back...its your tcu also.
      92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

i didnt know you could do something with the TCU. does it also get chipped or whats up?

Comment

i believe you need to find an h22a TCU from an automatic prelude that came with an h22a.

Comment

i bought the complete package from topendmotorsports.com. it included engine, tranny, ecu and tcu. i installed the tcu and ecu and was really suprised that it shifts at 6500, some one told me that autos do that so i thought everything was cool. i guess i waz wrong.

Comment

hmm....maybe they sent you the wrong one?

Comment

What label does your tcu say?

If you have a jdm prelude tcu it would have something along the lines of "P19" on the serial. This should get ur car to shift at the higher point.

If you have a jdm accord sir h22a swap, the auto tcu with the label "PON" is going to limit ur redline to 6800. Check out a jdm accord cluster for a CD chassis, the autos weren't sports cars really so the redline is much lower. If you manage to find a prelude h22a auto tcu it'll set ur redline higher and u should be able to stay in v-tec longer.

If you are tired of it falling out of v-tec, u could get a v-tec controller and set ur hi>lo setting lower. Don't do anything too low i would stay about 4400-4300 at the lowest. I've been where u are but if you do the D1->D4 thing when racing, if you take it close to redline that way it's very unecessary if u can shift the auto correctly.

I have on my car is lo>hi 5200 hi>lo 4300. When just flooring it I can remain in v-tec without it just "tappin'" it. It's much easier to do with a v-afc but if you drive an auto manually alot u can achieve that skill and not fall out of v-tec. If your not quick, on the next shift, the car will drop back down to 4700-4800 right under the 5200rpm range u need to stay in it. You can even make your tires chirp which is cool!

Right now i've setteled on running a P12 tcu. It has shorter gearing than the accord tcu and gets me to 80mph in D3 unlike my a6 tcu which limits it to 70ish. I found this to be an improvement over the accord tcu I was using because it gets me off the line faster and i've noticed gas consumption is quite less . I'm in between this tcu and my jdm P0N tcu. I have no idea..it might because i have a 4ws p13 ecu and my jdm p19 is conflicting with it? There is 2 different P19 tcu's and I believe one was made for 2WS and one is 4WS.
                I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

it says P15 on my TCU, and below it J(P39). So i guess i have a wrong TCU the?

Comment

does any one know from which car is that TCU (P15)?

Comment

so ya. I am afraid of running into this problem too. What is the redline on an H22 engine? Is it the USDM transmission holding the engine back or just the TCU?

Comment

the engine (h22a) and tranny are both jdm, i looked that up. but the tcu they send me is from 93 lude si. so i have to buy a h22a tcu now. thats my opinion. tcu they send me is p15.

Comment

I have an H22 swap and it's also an auto. My question would be could you use the tcu from the f22 engine. People were always saying the f22 tranny had longer gears, so wouldn't hold you in VTEC for longer with higher rpms and shifter later and better?

Comment

^^ yes you can use the f22 accord TCU with an h22 engine and transmission... but then you're gonna shift at the f22 redline of 6,000 or 6,200 or whatever it is, reguardless of the transmission gear ratios.

Comment

Working...
                            X