Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

p28 whoa's on boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p28 whoa's on boost

Can anyone tell me the p28 is good for gettin rid of the knock sensor period or just temporarily disabling it. On top of that what will happen if i get rid of that little black box under the intake manifold while im using a p28 becuase i think its been damaged for a long time.

Originally posted by h22sparkle
    Can anyone tell me the p28 is good for gettin rid of the knock sensor period or just temporarily disabling it. On top of that what will happen if i get rid of that little black box under the intake manifold while im using a p28 becuase i think its been damaged for a long time.
    it'll get rid of the ks and the iabs, which is controlled by that black box under the intake manifold when wired up correctly. obviously, you'll need a chipped / reprogrammed p28 to run the H22, whether N/A or boosted.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i have a hondata s200b p28 is that good enough not sure if its chipped, is that okay

Comment

Im just curious I was looking into chipped ECU, isnt the knock sensor a good thing to have. Or are you all deleting it to ease wiring.

Comment

the ks is only one wire not a big deal. all it does is retard timing when your engine has a backfire. removing it with uberdata isnt a big deal...

Comment

Your p28 is already chipped.

Comment

I wanna know more about that damn blackbox the iab's will they have anything to do with my shit.

Comment

O yeah that you dont need. Steve didnt even sen me mine with the motor, but i ended up getting one from midnight.

You just have to jump the hoses so that the iabs stay open.

Comment

Black box is part of the IAB, its called the IAB Control Solenoid Valve. My friend wired up his IAB to open up when the vtec turned on. Its now sounds like a b16 or b18c5 when vtec hits. Just tap into the vtec wire. If you have Hondata, you can turn off the knock sensor so you stop getting that code 23.
                  Carlos
                  My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                  X