Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

installed short ram for just the hell of it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installed short ram for just the hell of it.

and my gawd is this things insanely loud, i have never heard anything quite so loud lol...iono wtf it is but damn!..got it brand new for 30bucs, some generic short ram with some matrix filter on it...iono but ive heard other intakes, and mine takes the cake for making things go VROOOOOm.

i said i wouldnt do any mods like this one sense i have the turbo lying around, and im piecing more things toegether, but i went ahead and did it anywyas lol

^sold

The loudness of the motor is great.

Comment

yea u can change the sound of a honda so easy, just a SR makes it sound like a race car

Comment

yah mine was loud too when i first installed it. the temp of the air has a huge effect on how loud it is. also i got used to the sound of it , anyone else get used to it

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

um yea im used to it i guess lol

Comment

it used to be the loudest part of my car at idle but since I've gotten pulleys and a cam gear, it seems the belts make the loudest noice but it just isn't nearly as cool sounding. i like the look of the short ram too. at first, i had the aem cai with bypass, but the bypass fell apart so i kinda converted it to short ram. its a tight fit though. and theres gaping hole where the pipe had to go through right by the battery so even though its a short ram, there's still cooler air coming inside the engine compartment.

Rice or not. Cb7's will never die.

Comment

my first short ram I made out of pvc pipe, man that thin was loud.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                my first short ram I made out of pvc pipe, man that thin was loud.
                I did the paint can cone intake in the DIY section, but I put some pvc to make it a cold air intake. Oh so loud! That was like 4 years ago on my old KIA.
                My Ride!
                Anti-Idiot Crew #1

Comment

yea man short ram is great, cause when you punch it people are like "woah he must have a swap" hahah

i remember i raced my buddies neon and later i found out when i was killing him that he made a comment "man that short ram sounds wicked" haha
                  ~~~~~~~~~~1991 ExR alb F22a6~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Final 204
                    yea man short ram is great, cause when you punch it people are like "woah he must have a swap" hahah

i remember i raced my buddies neon and later i found out when i was killing him that he made a comment "man that short ram sounds wicked" haha

haha yeah, it doesnt get loud until about 3k+rpm, when i just crusin along you hear nothing but my exhuast, even at idle its just sittin quietly, i cant get enough of this thing!

^sold

Comment

One time I was at school revin my car, Then some kid asked me if i had a turbo i was like

Comment

haha makes me want to get a SR even more now. but i'll probably throw on a K&N filter btw, do you guys get the lude intakes that are 3" pipes instead of the smaller accord pipes? i plan on just getting a lude SR off of ebay and throwing a good filter on it... how would the fitment be?

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

I plan on on doing the DIY filter on the stock pipe, then when the Fushigi Air Induction Box comes out I'll switch to that

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Originally posted by shimoto
                            haha makes me want to get a SR even more now. but i'll probably throw on a K&N filter btw, do you guys get the lude intakes that are 3" pipes instead of the smaller accord pipes? i plan on just getting a lude SR off of ebay and throwing a good filter on it... how would the fitment be?
                            I just put on an Apexi custom intake--3" all the way. It not only sounds meaner but the performance is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaluna21
                              I just put on an Apexi custom intake--3" all the way. It not only sounds meaner but the performance is better.
                              did you get that straight from Apexi?

also, should the fushigi induction box give a similar throaty sound as a SR intake?
                              Last edited by shimoto; 03-31-2005, 03:53 PM.

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Working...
                              X