Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Radiator fans don't kick in..help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator fans don't kick in..help please!

hey guys, i just bought me a 90 accord ex. It has been sitting at this couples driveway for 1 year. They didn't know what was wrong with it and didn't wanna get rid of it. Finally they put it up for sale. The car needed a New Distributor and Battery. I've replaced both, but i have discovered another problem. My fans don't kick in. Is it my thermostat? Does the thermostat have anything to do with the fans. And does fans not kickin' in mean, there is no coolant flow? The car runs and drives fine. I just wanna make sure everything is okay before i start using it as my daily driver. I need some help fast....

to test thermostat:

let the car idle for about 20 minutes...feel both radiator hoses, upper and lower....the upper one should be hot pretty soon, but the bottom one should be cold for about 5 minutes then start to warm up....then they should be both warm, if one is still warm and one is cold cold after a while then its the thermostat.

also you may not be leaving the car on that long to see if its the fans that are gone...and it may be a coolant temp switch by the thermostat
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

thanks for the advice. I'll go home and try to check it out. hope i can find the problem.
      Another question; If i have to replace the thermostat. What thermostat do you recommend though???. Temperature wise...
      And so, if the thermostat is bad, then my fans won't kick in, right!!!

Comment

my fans hardly ever came on until i shut my car off after driving.

if you're that worried, hardwire them to a switch

Comment

Working...
        X