Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

how to make the auto tranny work better ^_-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to make the auto tranny work better ^_-

I have a 91 accord lx and the auto tranny sux. It's a honda auto tranny. (I know, I know. Get a manual conversion...) Is there anyway to fix this problem that I'm having.

when I make a turn really quick and then step on the gas, the rpm would stay at about 2500 and then jump all the way up to like 4000. Is there anyway to fix this? Someone said to use a tighter spring in the tranny and that I can buy parts at autozone. Is this true?
    my 91 cb7
    Originally posted by 4doorfury
    I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

um thats called down shifting, it does that when u step on the gas

Comment

yeah but its really really slow at it. (Sorry for the confusion there. I didn't know how to word it.)

How do I fix it so it downshifts faster?
      my 91 cb7
      I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

get your tranny computer tested, its underneath the metal plate where ur passenger's feet go, its the one on the right.

Comment

no my tcm is fine. There has to be another reason.
          my 91 cb7

Comment

interesting thread. i like the auto for daily driving, cruizing. i wasn't into the cb7s and was planning to sell mines, i did ocassionals neutral rev drop type of thing, but now i regret it LOL. but mine is good even at 82k, no probs.

anyhow mine has no problems what soever. i plan to flush/drain/refill it with some HONDA OEM ATF. I think the type of fluid you use matters. You should take care of what you have, unless your gonna swap and invest a lot into the car. But for me, I'm happy with what I have.

My 3rd gen 5 speed was good too, it was smooth, and no probs as well.

anyhow i'm not sure what your problem is, if u suspect or feel jolts and jerks when it's shifting hard, or downshifting or whatever then something isn't right.
            hahahahah

Comment

well this guy keeps telling me that the spring isn't tight enough which is why it is not downshifting fast enough. (is this true.) I'm looking for answers along this line.
              my 91 cb7

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck
                well this guy keeps telling me that the spring isn't tight enough which is why it is not downshifting fast enough. (is this true.) I'm looking for answers along this line.

What spring? You talking about where the throttle cable connects to the tranny?

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

thats the only spring i can think of too, the tranny is controlled by the computer and it is also done by pressure so maybe a sensor is on the fritz or something

Comment

oh.....this mechanic kept talking about the tranny throw down lever and how it wasn't tight enough....I guess i just made the generalization that it was a spring. I searched Autozone. They have the tranny throw down lever and stuff. should I get these installed. Or do I just need to tighten it in my tranny?????

And i'm 98 % sure my sensors are good.
                    my 91 cb7

Comment

well if they said u need that throw down lever do it, how much is it?

Comment

autozone sells it for 8.99 and the kick down stud is like 8.99

but who know how much installation is.
                        my 91 cb7

Comment

well the price is right on the parts, but tranny work is a lot. some places charge up to 200 or 300 bucks just to open the tranny up

Comment

what would the kick down lever do though? plz explain using simple terms. I created a thread for this a while ago but had no idea what you guys were talking about.
                            my 91 cb7

Comment

bump....please. thanks
                              my 91 cb7

Comment

Working...
                              X