Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Intake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake question

I want to get an intake but i don't know which one to get?
    Will it even do anything or be worthwhile?

The decision is up to you. Its more personal preference than anything. Intakes offer pretty minimal results. Check out the "AEM vs. INJEN" thread. There is a lot of info there about intakes that'll help you out.
    Personally I am a fan of intakes because of the sound and after time they are a necessary upgrade if u plan to make big power.

Comment

yes intakes are a nice first mod, but an intakes an intake as stated hundereds of time before. search harder to find your answer theres plenty of info here about the subject. a metal tube is a metal tube, its the filte that matters, by a ebay intake and throw on a k&n filter and youll be pleased. trust me with intakes your paying for the name and the carb legal sticker. go ebay with a good filter.
      [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

Yeah go with an ebay one with a K&N filter

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

get a cheap ass intake off ebay, than put a nice blitz filter on it, to get max performance

Comment

apex filter is better
            FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

im sorry you were right man

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
                apex filter is better
                w0rd!!
                ~~~~~~~

Comment

EG si stock air box custom fit with spoon drop in air filter.... or J's racing full carbon fiber intake from passwordjdm.com or inlinefour.com.... -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
                  tranny (no grinds)
                  ECU
                  DC header w/ heat wrap
                  full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
                  $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

I don't know how that password JDM intake (copy of j's intake but the PJDM actually is better built) would work with a EX (ABS). from the looks of it it doesn't look compatable.
                    ~~~~~~~

Comment

i didnt want to make a new thread so i'll just ask here since it's slightly on topic...

i've been reading that 92-96 prelude intakes will fit our cars. does this include the SR intake for the lude? i looked on ebay and the pipe looks a little longer and has an extra bend to it. would it require cutting to fit?

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Originally posted by shimoto
                        i didnt want to make a new thread so i'll just ask here since it's slightly on topic...

i've been reading that 92-96 prelude intakes will fit our cars. does this include the SR intake for the lude? i looked on ebay and the pipe looks a little longer and has an extra bend to it. would it require cutting to fit?
                        i have a prelude cai in my car, but i dont think the sr will fit unless you relocate the battery. that im aware of, the prelude batteries are mounted vertically... allowing more room to the left of the battery for the filter to sit.

Comment

92-96 prelude ones will fit, if you cut about 3 inches off of the part closest to the throttle body....even if you have abs.
                          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

i was at auto zone 2 day and had seen a cold air in take pipe it says it will it a 94 accord but i have a 90 would it fit on the 90 cuz if it does ill get that cuz i all ready have a k&n filter

get sponsored

Comment

Working...
                            X