Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

stainless steel header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stainless steel header

well, i don't think my ebay brand ceramic header is liking my predator hood too well. it's not real bad, but some of the water from the rain and washing it hits the header and it's beginning to rust a little.

would a name brand stainless steel be better than a ceramic since water will sometimes hit it?

opinions!
    Adam - Retired OG member from '03
    2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
    2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

well iono but ill buy it off you
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

oem carbon hood!.....

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
      tranny (no grinds)
      ECU
      DC header w/ heat wrap
      full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
      $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

I have had my OBX stainless for about 6 months. No rust, but it is not exactly pretty. I assume it's from driving in the rain and snow.
        Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude.

Comment

yeah, ceramic or stainless steal dc sports headers i dont think have the rusting affects, like the ebay ones, and theres the reason why ebay ones are 100+ less
          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

hope you're ready to watch that shit turn gold, it will happen

Comment

oh well, i'll buy a new one. i was planning on it anyways.

and no to an oem c/f hood.. everyone has one, and i would have to recut a hood then.
              Adam - Retired OG member from '03
              2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
              2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

i think the fact that it turns gold is sick. Mine would have been perfect but my dumbass friend decided he was going to touch it so now there is a nice blue finger print on one of the pipes. Stainless Steel as i have been tought issnt supposed to rust thats why its stainless. Maybe im wrong but...

My Ride
                myspace

Comment

if i wasnt lazy i would show you what happens to the stainless header when water touches it...same effect as finger print described above. the effect was caused by a predator hood also on a dc sports header.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

Working...
                  X