Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2 step ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    People need to learn how to use launch control, just as they would need to learn how to feather their clutch to eliminate wheelspin. You can arbitrarily set your launch control to any RPM you want, but it doesn't mean that it's the ideal launch RPM for your tires and suspension.
    Yea but most kids these days want it because it sounds cool in the parking lot lol.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Agreed. I don't think I've ever used mine on the track... or even to launch on the street (ok, once... the day I had the ECU tuned, I "tested" my tune against an MK4 Supra... who didn't want to race.) It really IS kinda cool. It's like saying "look, my car is far more modified than you think! I have more than just an annoying fart can!"

Most people don't know how terrible it is. In fact, i didn't know myself until well after I had it programmed in. I'll most likely be removing it when I retune the ECU. Plus, I want to run nitrous, and if you're spraying when your fuel cuts out... BOOM!

My friend has an STi with a Cobb Access Port (essentially, a user-flashable ECU... available through the Subaru dealership now, apparently!) He just put launch control on there, and was playing with it the other night... then he did a little more research, and he refuses to ever use it again.

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
        The goal is a controlled amount of wheel spin...it actually results in a faster launch. People roasting tires are the ones that probably have the launch control calibrated poorly.

Do you think that gear change ignition cut, and shift without lift are also making cars slower and spoiling drivers? So much more of track time is attributed to the suspension and the line the driver is taking...so if he can focus on that more, he is going faster.

I need mine a tad lower than where it is now actually, but that is on radials too. At the track I was still spinning tires a bit. I learned to feather at 2K RPM and then drop when the lights turned (R/T .496). I am learning alot about the stuff I have in my car (most you know the story). Alot which I don't think I need but its cool to have and don't use LC every chance you get. As stated not good for your engine.
        The CB7 Collector.
        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
        X