Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

I am thinking about turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking about turbo

Yup I am.but Its still up in the air.
    I am going to buy another cb and it might just get some boost.
    My 1st question is how is the stock auto tranny on boost an far as gearing.
    2nd. What is a safe psi to run on a stock motor?
    3rd can I just pop big injectors in and not upgrade my pump,rail and reg and be fine under a good tune
    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
    Yup I am.but Its still up in the air.
    I am going to buy another cb and it might just get some boost.
    My 1st question is how is the stock auto tranny on boost an far as gearing.
    2nd. What is a safe psi to run on a stock motor?
    3rd can I just pop big injectors in and not upgrade my pump,rail and reg and be fine under a good tune

1.) Stock auto has been boosted, though the tune is a little harder to work out. Theres a guy on here thats got an auto wagon, thats turbo. It can be done, I cannot speak for the shelf life.

2.)PSI is irrelevant in terms of boost. How many CFM can you flow? Thats a real question. You could push anywhere around 22-25 lbs/min, or ballpark of 200-220whp, safely. I have read plenty of times on the forum that people have made more power on stock rotational assembly, but again I cannot speak for the shelf life of their setup. Theres always a thread saying,"I went turbo" but hardly ever a thread saying,"Ive been turbo for XX,XXX miles without issues"

My ringlands went about 800 miles into 20-22psi on a 16g. Well, about 500 miles at 20-22psi, and around 300 miles between 22-26. @22psi I was logging 34lbs/min, which equates to 300'ish whp.

3.)Yes you can just run bigger injectors and the stock rail. I personally would spend the hundred bux on a walbro, but thats just me. Others' have claimed to run boost on a stock pump, but I dont believe thats the most reliable setup. Personal opinion only, but OEM fuel pumps that run OEM fuel systems are just for that. If you want to be able to run boost, and turn it up you need room to grow. Just like with injectors, you dont want them running 100% Peak efficiency ever. You always want 20-30% of headroom-again, my opinion.

Good luck grasshopper
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
    X