Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Wher to buy forged pistons 85.50mm for f22a??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wher to buy forged pistons 85.50mm for f22a??

Please guys help me. Where to buy forged pistons for F22A
    85.50mm.
    And should i bore stock sleeves to 85.50 or i must change them sleeves? It's for about 300hp.
    Online shop with international shipping with lower price of pistons and rings.
    Anyone know a good dealer?
    Thanks.
    No Turbo, No Fun.

http://www.raceeng.com/c-3460-pistons-forged.aspx
    Thats all i really got for such a small bore... otherwise you can get much larger bore sizes off ebay/ wiseco's website.

You can bore the stock sleeves out for the new pistons, BUT if you have the cash i would just drop the ~1k and get them professionally sleeved and bullet proof. 300 hp should be completely do able stock sleeves but if u have the cash get some rods with those pistons and sleeve it.

What turbo are you looking at? I assume this is a turbo build... unless your going to try and get 300hp na?...
    Last edited by BIGsnorlax; 07-25-2011, 05:20 PM.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGsnorlax View Post
      http://www.raceeng.com/c-3460-pistons-forged.aspx
      Thats all i really got for such a small bore... otherwise you can get much larger bore sizes off ebay/ wiseco's website.

You can bore the stock sleeves out for the new pistons, BUT if you have the cash i would just drop the ~1k and get them professionally sleeved and bullet proof. 300 hp should be completely do able stock sleeves but if u have the cash get some rods with those pistons and sleeve it.

What turbo are you looking at? I assume this is a turbo build... unless your going to try and get 300hp na?...
      Well first the problem is that my engine is F20A8, she got shorter block so i cant find forged rods. Sleeving is to much money and i dont have anyone to put the sleeves in the block. So i will just do forged pistons and ACL Race bearings with stock block bored to 85.50 if i can find those pistons somewhere. Also will put block quard. Maybe someone knows where can i find forged rods for F20A8 88stroke??

Turbo is Garrett GT2864R.

And what about head gasket, i have try in Cometic but they dont have a gasket for F22A SOHC. And just to let you know F20A and F22A are the same engines just F20 have shorter block with 88stroke, and F22 has i think 89stroke. Everything else is the same because i always buy stuf for F22 from ebay and everything is the same.

So i need forged pistons with pins and rings.
      And some kind of forged rods but i dont know where to look, maybe i can fit rods from other engine or something??
      And i need a good head gasket for turbo setup.
      Last edited by vjekoaccordRT; 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM.
      No Turbo, No Fun.

Comment

Sounds like you have a good plan so far.

I would run a Honda headgasket, I think a Cometic is unnecessary below 400whp.

I also highly recommend Wiseco pistons, I've been running 85.5mm on stock sleeves for 15k miles, going to be boosted soon. Very little audible piston slap when the engine is cold, none once it's warmed up.

As for the rods, take some measurements of the stock rods, knowing Honda engineers, it's likely you can cross-reference them with other engines. If they do not cross to another engine, I would suggest shot peening the OE rods, or talking with someone like Bisimoto to see if a custom rod could be made.

Good luck!
        SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
        -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

i would deff not do block guard.

your talking about where they drill in the side of the engine right?

bad idea man. the ending needs to be able to flex. the sleevs are not the same material as the outside of the block. your best bet is to either resleeve or not block guard.

when i was thinking about doing the turbo set up i thought about that but read somewhere online about it being bad, actually its in the forced induction section on this site somewhere, but ya resleeve.
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride
          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
            i would deff not do block guard.

your talking about where they drill in the side of the engine right?

bad idea man. the ending needs to be able to flex. the sleevs are not the same material as the outside of the block. your best bet is to either resleeve or not block guard.

when i was thinking about doing the turbo set up i thought about that but read somewhere online about it being bad, actually its in the forced induction section on this site somewhere, but ya resleeve.
            So you say if i put forged pistons 85.50mm in bored stock block that i dont need a block guard? Are you sure?
            I have contact bisimoto and they have forged pistons and custom made rods for me so that is worked out.
            Now i need a good gasket, are you sure that the oem gasket will do a good job for me?
            Resleeving is not an option for me, i dont have anybody to put the sleeves in the block, poor country and sleeves are to expensive for me. I hope that stock block can work with 300ps,maybe??

So i will do bisimoto forged pistons and rods in stock block bored to 85.50mm with oem honda head gasket. Is that ok for 300-320ps? Without block guard.
            No Turbo, No Fun.

Comment

Yes, stock sleeves and headgasket should be good, no block guard needed. Be sure to invest in some ARP headstuds to keep it all together and you should be set.
              SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
              -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by F22Turbo702 View Post
                Yes, stock sleeves and headgasket should be good, no block guard needed. Be sure to invest in some ARP headstuds to keep it all together and you should be set.
                I have find some replacement Darton dry sleeves with flange 285$ shipped to me, are those better than oem or should i just go with oem?

And i have order ARP head studs and oem head gasket.

Pistons will be from Bisimoto.

Now i have problem with forged rods. I have find it in Bisimoto but custom made and they cost 800$ shipped but first i must send one of my rod to them and thats go over 1000$ for custom forged rods. That is because i have F20A8 engine with shorter stroke than F22A.
                Now any of you has any idea where to buy cheaper custom rods?
                Or can oem rods hold 300hp?
                No Turbo, No Fun.

Comment

Shop around man. I got my wiseco slugs on ebay for 265 bucks shipped.

Comment

Bisimoto!!!
                    RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Originally posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
                      Shop around man. I got my wiseco slugs on ebay for 265 bucks shipped.
                      Man F20A8 engine, you dont have it.

Bisimoto is cost to much. 1000$ just for rods.
                      No Turbo, No Fun.

Comment

Originally posted by vjekoaccordRT View Post

no turbo no fun.......no bisi no fun.
                        RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Originally posted by vjekoaccordRT View Post

If your worried about cost then dont turbo any of your engines....
                          Boosting any engine isnt cheap and having a performance motor will have higher upkeep costs. Either start with a new platform... or dont go for it..
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGsnorlax View Post
                            If your worried about cost then dont turbo any of your engines....
                            Boosting any engine isnt cheap and having a performance motor will have higher upkeep costs. Either start with a new platform... or dont go for it..
                            Thanks for support

I have find a solution, i will buy F22A block and bisimoto forged pistons and rods package for 750$

I have find engine in my country for 130$

Thanks for helping me guys, but why do things must be expensive to work.
                            No they dont, you just might find a solution for less money then custom rods.
                            Engine F22A 130$ + bisimoto piston and rods 750$ = 880$
                            Engine F20A bisimoto custom forged rods 1000$ + 550$ pistons = 1550$
                            Now i can start to work, right?
                            No Turbo, No Fun.

Comment

Don't forget about seals, gaskets, bearings, fluids, etc... Those things are going to add up to a fair amount as well.

Of course, many of the people here that want "cheap" are asking for unreasonably cheap. $750 for rods and pistons is a good deal to you, which means you understand the need for quality parts. That's a reasonable price, but it's not cheap by the standards of most. Most people that are trying to build on a budget say "I have $1000, how can I make 500hp with that?"

Comment

Working...
                              X