Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

effectiveness of filter elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

effectiveness of filter elements

So this is working off of the AEM/Injen thread. There was a bit of talk about the filter elements. Now obviously K&N's are gonna be the best, but how are ebay filters? Do they filter very well? Do most of you guys keep them on or get K&N filters? I'd think that they'd be kinda cheap and cheesy, but maybe not. Could some of u guys running ebay intakes let me know?

Generic SR intake pipe & Accell Kool Blue filter...

Sounds and feels a little different than the K&N filter... and a helluva lot cheaper...
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Actually K&N isn't the best. Gotta get APEX-i if you want the best and those filters run $60 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by spdACCORDingly
        ...... Now obviously K&N's are gonna be the best....

And what are you basing that off of?

Comment

Damn ya'll, i don't know. I've never heard anything bad about them or had any bad experiences. Obviously I'm way off track here so why don't you guys just feel free to enlighten me. What do all of you use instead of K&N's then?

Is the Apexi filter reusable, same with the accel?
          Last edited by spdACCORDingly; 03-04-2005, 01:48 AM.

Comment

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Comment

the ebay filter's are cheap autozone one's, the cone ends up ripping off its neck. anyone got any 411 on how good the bomb type air filers are?

Comment

those ebay filters suck cause a friend of mine with a 6th gen accord almost sucked the damn filter into his engine cause the damn thing collapsed

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                  Actually K&N isn't the best. Gotta get APEX-i if you want the best and those filters run $60 or so.
                  apexi's nevber have to be cleaned in a lifetime...according to the company, i think.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    apexi's nevber have to be cleaned in a lifetime...according to the company, i think.
                    That seems weird to me...a filter that never needs to be cleaned. But hey, Apexi does make good shit so i wouldn't be suprised. If anybody is running an Apexi filter please let me know if this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by spdACCORDingly
                      That seems weird to me...a filter that never needs to be cleaned. But hey, Apexi does make good shit so i wouldn't be suprised. If anybody is running an Apexi filter please let me know if this is true.
                      just click the link in this thread and scroll down...it shows a test with the results.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

k & n isnt the best, a paper filter is the best at stopping dirt...kn filters are the balance at stopping most dirt and having more flow.

apexi is paper.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I would have to go with the APEXi cause any of you that work at an auto parts store or know K&N they are the same basic compound as ASSWIPE (TOILET PAPER) SERIOUSLY!!!!!
                          "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                          sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                          Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                          Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

there are blitz filters that run about 180 bucks each. Are those any better?? I dont know but I wouldn't spend that much for a filter. Fact is, during all my time of internet trolling I've never come across a filter flow test of any kind. But my guess is that a filter that flows super good probably is not filtering so good. So I think you gotta weigh your options.
                            FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
                              there are blitz filters that run about 180 bucks each. Are those any better?? I dont know but I wouldn't spend that much for a filter. Fact is, during all my time of internet trolling I've never come across a filter flow test of any kind. But my guess is that a filter that flows super good probably is not filtering so good. So I think you gotta weigh your options.
                              did you not click the link? THe blitz filter is on there, and anything that sais, its better looking than something else, isnt about performance.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                              X