Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

I think I'm ready to turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm ready to turbo.

Okay my parents are 87% ready to buy me a turbo kit. First question is

Will it work with an automatic tranny?

How much would it cost to have a shop install it?

What shops around the chicago area should I go to?
    my 91 cb7
    Originally posted by 4doorfury
    I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

I think you need to swap to 5-speed or else your transmission will get ruined fast...
    1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

oh. could i get a transmission intercooler?

How difficult is it to switch to 5-speed? What is needed? and how much does it cost?
      my 91 cb7
      I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

if you have to ask any of those questions, then you are not ready.

Comment

well its not as if i'm gonna do it myself. I'm gonna buy the stuff then take it to a shop.
          my 91 cb7

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck
            well its not as if i'm gonna do it myself. I'm gonna buy the stuff then take it to a shop.
            that is why you are not ready. you need to research on the subject to better understand what is going into your car. it still needs to be maintained, and taking it to a shop is pretty rediculous.

drive to FL, i'll put it in for $500 less than any shop you take it to will.

Comment

Damned spoiled kids...parents buying turbo kits.

Comment

seriously, I wish my parents bought me something for my car... And just cause you 16 wlfpck, doesn't mean you can't do anything to your car. I'm 17, and I've bought my car, done an engine swap, and now in a week or two, a turbo kit is going on it. Just get a job and save everything you make except for like %10.
                Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck
                  oh. could i get a transmission intercooler?

How difficult is it to switch to 5-speed? What is needed? and how much does it cost?
                  trying using the search button and read

Comment

auto trany will work with turbo so don't worry, some here has auto and turbo and it's still good.

Really go research turbo frist, cuz it seems if u don't know much about it.......

rich parents.....

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

hm.... rich. I don't know.

This has got to be the first thing they've bought me in a year and a half. Like my clothe and car insurance, gas, stuff I want, I pay for. so This is for my birthday.
                      my 91 cb7

Comment

Its still one hell of a birthday gift, regardless of it you're rich or not.

And in my mind it still makes you spoiled.

Comment

o well, guess they owe u....
                          going to http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php
                          great to learn
                          and Accord R33 had a diy on here too

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

See if Adam's turbo kit is still for sale. AznBadass92LX or something like that.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think i'm going to get a 5 speed manual swap done. (I'll be paying for this myself if i do.)
                              my 91 cb7

Comment

Working...
                              X