Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Increase F22A Top Speed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
    Problem is my car is automatic and it probably doesn't go as fast as the manual.
    i beg to differ! i had an auto when my friend raced me and he had manual and we were dead even. i mean only thing he had was cai and exhaust, i had a4 all stock. but what i mean by racing was not actually racing, well it was but only from one light to the next which was a straight road and the lights were maybe a quarter mile apart.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Our accords have a good fast automatic tranny but a manual is faster.
      Maybe your friend didn't know how to drive if he was almost beat by a automatic
      My ex with a automatic can beat a stock 5 speed even one with a h23 tranny.But it has a stage 2 cam and a good exhaust and a short ram intake .
      Last edited by thepowderblue; 05-29-2011, 08:42 PM.
      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Auto's usually have slower top speeds and less top end power vs manual (with same car/engine combo)

Auto's do however shift faster/smoother and typically take off better than their manual counterpart.

after all an auto is not being directly driven by the engine like a manual...but it IS always engaged even in gear at a stop...unlike the manual...and at low rpm the auto has some crazy torque multiplication going on...but once you get the engine over 2000rpm the manual will perform better.

But all this is beside the point...let me add emphasis to what deev said...

doesn't matter if you are driving a 20year old family sedan or a brand new ferarri...going 100+ mph on ANY road is dangerous...a track is the ONLY road that is LESS dangerous...but is still dangerous. I asked this question once and you most likely meant how can you safely get it fastER...not how do I get my car to go 200mph....but there is a difference in those two questions.

no lowering springs is rule #1 the lowest you should go pricewise is the super cup kit...after that you would want QUALITY NO CHEAPING OUT struts and springs...all new bushings...all new ball joints...pretty much you need to overhaul but mostly also UPGRADE the ENTIRE suspension. This will help your handling and make you less likely to cause a wreck.

something else to consider...your steering system was designed for speed limit travel...while you may think removing the p/s pump would solve this...the p/s pump does not operate at high engine speeds...I am talking about the gearing. moving your steering wheel just 1/2 inch at 60 will have far different results than 1/2 inch at 100+ Again...the entire car is NOT made to go over 90 really.

Then you can get into bookoo's of engine mods and tranny mods...basically increasing power, changing gearing...using a tranny with a different gearing from another car...those can also help get you faster. Be it the time it takes you to get to 90 is shorter or that you can reach higher speeds...either way...faster.

but also ask this...WHY? What is the point of "going faster" Theoretically you should reach your destination in half the time by going 120 instead of 60...if you had a 20 mile stretch you would theoretically reach it in 13 min going 90 and 17min going 70 and 10min going 120. But that is in theory...in reality my 20 mile stretch of interstate...going 80 vs 60...I make it accross that in 2 minutes less going 80. Why? Theoretically I should have traversed that stretch 5 minutes faster...Cause there is traffic. When I go 65 though...I NEVER have to slow down or go around people...that is niiiice.

So 20mph faster saved you THEORETICALLY 4 minutes...wow...but how much more gas did you waste? The resistance from air just goes up and up exponentially as you speed up so you saved 4 min but wasted a few more mpg. I usually get 27 mpg...I have been driving 60-65 EVERYWHERE and I just figured where I am at and I am getting 30mpg...and my gas light has not even come on yet. I usually only get MAYBE just under 200 miles on 7 gallons...I am at 210 and no light and still got a bit left too. So I was able to go more than 10 miles furthur by going 20mph slower...think about that.

And there are folks who have spent thousands of dollars upgrading the cam, ecu's, fuel pumps...etc etc...everything BUT the pistons...and are at 170-180 hp...so even spending thousands of dollars you will NOT be much faster AT ALL.

So you will not win any races, you won't get to your destination significantly faster, you will GREATLY waste WAY more gas, and you are at a MUCH MUCH greater risk of tickets and accidents and death...for you and others.

So you can see why this question gets such a negative response usually, it is so pointless it is stupid to go fast...you do nothing but endanger everyone and waste your own money.

Short answer...if you want a fast car...buy a fast car...drive family sedans like a family sedan...you can make it a LITTLE better...but not much...because what it takes to MAKE a car fast is far more than folks realize.
        Last edited by bcjammerx; 05-30-2011, 03:36 AM.
        ____

Comment

skip to the 1 minute part
          and disregard the fact that it is a daewoo, its still a newer car, built to meet newer standards of safety

i dont care how well you have rebuilt your suspension, or modded your motor/tranny, allways remember the faster you go, the faster things occur
          Last edited by KB7; 05-30-2011, 08:46 AM.
          _

Comment

Can I request that this incredibly dangerous thread be closed after the last post. I can't think of any better way to prove the "this is a bad idea" point.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I got to about 127 in my first CB, before all my big upgrades

But yea regularly testing top speed = easy way to kill yourself and others, don't be a bonehead

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I can bullshit on that daewoo, it did a terrible job in the 50mph crash.

Regardless im just asuming the people in here should be smart enough to know when you shouldn't go any faster because your car is a piece of shit and might fall apart

And that you shouldn't do it with other cars on the road because they can pull infront of you at any moment.

Yeah i've done some really stupid stuff in the past and this is exactly what i learned, thankfully i didn't get into an accidents because im sure some serious shit would have happend ( although i was in a car ALOT safer then any cb7 could wish to be )

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                  What is the point of "going faster"

That is the stupidest thing I have heard all day but then Aegean I just got out of bed.
                  I am not even going to argue that because I know everyone here wants to " go faster" The whole point of most of this site is to make our cars faster
                  Last edited by thepowderblue; 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM.
                  Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                  93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

acceleration vs top speed

there is a big difference between acceleration and top speed.

I will also state that if that is the dumbest thing you have heard all day, then this is the dumbest thread made on the forum.

You just said yourself that 90 percent of the forum is for going faster... so why the hell do people make a thread asking what do i have to do to go faster.

READ!

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
                    X