Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Increase F22A Top Speed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my green ex automatic I hit 140. all it has is a a6 cam and intake and ebay headers.110 comes fast enough then you will hit 130 soon after and if you hold it down as hard as you can it will slowly creep up to the (y) on unleaded fuel only and thats the 140 mark.That car has 269k on the whole car lol.
    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

To say top speed is directly related to C/R I would disagree. There are so many factors: power to weight, tires, tuning, horsepower, torque, final drive, etc. In your case right now I would say your best bet is to do a 5spd swap. Manual trannies are lighter than automatics. Thus, your overall curb weight is reduced, not by much, but still a lighter car, which will better you in acceleration and possibly maybe a few mph on the top end. It's been a while since my own car was an automatic, so I don't remember if the TCU let's you redline through all the gears but I doubt it, which means you can't use your entire powerband.

I'd tell you to start thinking about performance parts, but without being able to tune, and having a weak auto tranny I don't think it's in your best interest right now. Besides by the time you spend the money you would have equaled a 5spd conversion anyways.

How much longer are you going to wait? We've discussed so many topics relating to you building a setup, but this IMHO is step one for you. Can't get much further without it.

And on a side note, I pushed my car to 135 today, I believe it can top out at about 145 if I let it redline in 5th. I felt completely in control. However I will say I'm choosy on where/when I do this. Obviously in your own communities you know some roads are better than others in terms of conditions, traffic, and local authority presence. Then again, I only maintained it for about 5-10 seconds. Then I slowed back down. Just wanted to show this meddling IS 300 what we're all about.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

4th

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
          ... I pushed my car to 135 today, I believe it can top out at about 145 if I let it redline in 5th. I felt completely in control. However I will say I'm choosy on where/when I do this. Obviously in your own communities you know some roads are better than others in terms of conditions, traffic, and local authority presence. Then again, I only maintained it for about 5-10 seconds. Then I slowed back down. Just wanted to show this meddling IS 300 what we're all about.
          kool story brah..

It's kinda funny..there's this fucking annoying red IS350 around here too. He drives like a total douche every time i see it. His HID's are not aimed properly either. Dudes a fucking tool.

Got in front of him one time and fucked with him for like 10miles. He had no idea why i was doing 15 in a 40 and periodically stopping... He seriously looked puzzled when he finally got the balls to pass over the double yellows while letting me know i was number one...i least i think that's what he meant..

As for getting more speed from your CB, you might want to adjust the timing. You may be slightly retarded.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I got 205kmh out of my 91 SE with an A6 with SRI and catback. However, I was on 215/35/18s, so I don't know how completely accurate the speed reading was.

Who really cares what your top speed is anyways? You're in Ontario. OPP is going to fuck you so hard your eyes will pop out and your ass will hurt for years.

Trust me, they atleast used lube on me when I got fucked.

Comment

More horsepower, longer gears, better aero, and build up suspension & stiffen body for stability. End.

Weight doesn't affect top speed, btw, only acceleration.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-15-2011, 03:30 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                if you want to go faster i strongly suggest a cage and a track.
                indeed

*prepare for typical response
                this is a family sedan...you have absolutely NO reason to go over 90mph...not even in an emergency. The difference in going 80 vs 65...is 2 fucking minutes over 20 miles. Not worth it.
                *end typical response

Now to answer you...no top speed is not just one thing. It is a combo, your engine has to have enough power to move the car and your tranny has to be able to work with the engines power band to get you there.

Take top speed motorcycles...they have to push the bike to get going because the gearing. Yeah it goes over 200mph (or however fast they get to on salt flats...300?) but you cannot take off from a dead stop.

taller gears with a weak engine will do nothing but lower top speed...unless you also up the power...well...it's not that simple. Basically your need more power...and shit ton of experience (7 plus years of crazy driving at LEAST) and a clear open flat road.

But again...I say these are family sedans not to say "YOU SHOULDN'T" but because the car has SO MANY detriments that will prevent you from going over 140. Aerodynamics is a MAJOR factor, power, gearing, suspension...how the steering responds...etc etc... It's like me buying my bike...I got a cruiser...I drive it like a cruiser...if I wanted a crotch rocket I would have gotten one. This is a family sedan...drive it like what it is...or else...simple as that.
                ____

Comment

Your car is 20 years old. You drive on public roads. Your tires are most likely not rated to go faster than the car is capable of going. Your brakes and suspension are not adequate to control a vehicle at that speed.

Even going all-out on a race track, you are very unlikely to ever reach the car's stock top speed before you have to slow down for a turn. To go faster than the stock top speed on a quarter mile dragstrip, your car will be running near-professional times (Bisi's record-breaking Insight only runs 150mph in the quarter.)

It is extremely unsafe to even attempt to reach the car's top speed. It is extremely unsafe to even attempt to go over 100mph/160kmph.

Gearing, aerodynamics, proper tires, proper brakes, proper suspension, and a safe place (such as the salt flats, with safety personnel standing by...) is what you would need to properly increase the car's top speed. It would also be smart to install a full roll cage, a fire extinguisher, and wear a helmet and flame-retardant suit.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Your car is 20 years old. You drive on public roads. Your tires are most likely not rated to go faster than the car is capable of going. Your brakes and suspension are not adequate to control a vehicle at that speed.

Even going all-out on a race track, you are very unlikely to ever reach the car's stock top speed before you have to slow down for a turn. To go faster than the stock top speed on a quarter mile dragstrip, your car will be running near-professional times (Bisi's record-breaking Insight only runs 150mph in the quarter.)

It is extremely unsafe to even attempt to reach the car's top speed. It is extremely unsafe to even attempt to go over 100mph/160kmph.

Gearing, aerodynamics, proper tires, proper brakes, proper suspension, and a safe place (such as the salt flats, with safety personnel standing by...) is what you would need to properly increase the car's top speed. It would also be smart to install a full roll cage, a fire extinguisher, and wear a helmet and flame-retardant suit.
                    mucho indeed!
                    ____

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

That is the smartest thing I have heard all day. Even with my green ex going 120 is as fast as I will normally go because after that it gets very. I do have new everything in my front end as far as shocks ball joints control arms go.Its lowered and has all new performance tires on nice wide wheels.Now that's by far better then a stock accord. My dads stock accord cant do anything as far as handling. If I gas it hard it looses traction , If I brake hard the tires just lock up and if I am going around a corner fast the tires will squeal.If you ask me that's not safe.If your accord is all stock and like that I would not go fast at all.Honestly I am scared to drive a all stock accord like that.If you need to stop well you will have to wait,waiting can cause a accident.my EX can probably run around a track 30 to 40% faster then a all stock accord.
                      Last edited by thepowderblue; 05-29-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Even heavy modifications do not make it safe to go that fast on a public road.
                        Hit a pothole at 120mph... you WILL lose control.

Comment

I am talking about on the highway.
                          Last edited by thepowderblue; 05-29-2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

the highway is a public road.
                            Life's a garden. Dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by I<3MyHonda View Post
                              the highway is a public road.
                              True story lmao exactly what i was thinking.

02 Crv
                              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I hit a pothole at about 80 in my old Passat. My tire and wheel were completely destroyed. Brick roads are pretty slick, but somehow I managed to retain control. I got lucky.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Working...
                                X