Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Increase F22A Top Speed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase F22A Top Speed

How do you increase top speed in your car? Problem is my car is automatic and it probably doesn't go as fast as the manual. But for the top speed comparison not sure. What can I do for a F22A6 automatic increase the top speed? Will more top end power like a big cam increase the top speed or just the power in the top end?

I'm pretty sure increasing the speed limit has to do with c/r.
    I believe there is no governor on the A6 models.
    Stock PT6 ECU.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

130 is all she's got really unless you build more power. and she struggles to get that with minor bolt-ons. i dont recommend anything above 100mph though without some sort of brake upgrades and suspension. the car in stock form just isnt safe up there. not only that but why would you want to go that fast anyways? anywho that will fade out soon like it did when i realized how going faster meant hitting things harder, lol.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Well it's good to know what your car do, just in case you know.
      It's like buying a gun and never shooting it in a way.

Of course it isn't safe in stock format, even with a lot of upgrades it's still not 100% safe. But still is there something I can do? I'm pretty sure the bolts on will just get me faster to me top speed but not increasing it. Correct me if I am wrong please.
      Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

My ex coupe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Gm0SOpRcI

Kinda on a slight uphill

Comment

It needs to rev higher. More torque would help too.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Automatic trans is really your limiting factor here, ask 19dabeast85
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

How high of a top speed are we talking? 130 or 170?
              Top speed suggestions:
              - manual tranny swap
              - turbocharger setup
              - weight reduction
              - tires rated for the speed you want
              - complete suspension overhaul with OEM or higher quality parts only
              - race track

Comment

Torque is the biggest factor, you can have infinite gearing but torque is the driving force that really pulls through.

Gearing also on the cb7. With the prelude ecu (forgot the ecu code) I only hit 120 and it felt like she was running out of gear, almost redlining.

Its stupid anyway on public roads, I'm happy with modest accords and adequately powered motorcycles.
                RoaR MRT

Comment

I did a bit more research and top speed is usually determinted by your transmission setup. So lets say if I did a H23 manual tranny swap (shorter gears I believe) would I be able to go above 200 KPH? This is just for knowledge purposes.
                  Current:

Past:

Comment

shorter gears mean you run out of gear quicker... you will be at a higher RPM at a given speed compared to the accord tranny....

but really its not worth it, dont be an idiot and another statistic. My insurance is already high enough because of all the OTHER teenage boys who made mistakes
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

Umm

Step One: Drive to the grand canyon.

Step Two: Drive off of it.

This is in reality safer... for the rest of us.

I urge you not to "test" the limits of your car like this.

Your gun analogy is fine as long as you "testing" your gun

Is you putting an apple on someones head and then trying to shoot it off from a distance.

This is just plain stupid. When, EVER would you need to go faster than 100 miles an hour?

There is no test in that. The fact that you made a thread asking how to do this is proof that you are NO WHERE NEAR prepared enough to do a top speed test on anything other than a prius (112 mph)

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                        Automatic trans is really your limiting factor here, ask 19dabeast85
                        I topped out at 130 (according to speedo) with the automatic and: a6 cam, h23 IM, 2.5" CAI, dc header, 2.5" exhaust. It took a mile of straight road and there's a vid floating around.....search threads I've created in the media section of the forum. It was scary as crap. The car floated around a bit, steering was light, I felt like the slightest bump would destroy me.

I've since swapped to a 5spd, full poly bushings, sport springs and shocks, progress rear sway, 25mm front sway, poly sway bushings, new ball joints, ESP traction bar, 7" wide rims, great tires.......I've hit 129mph on the gps fairly easily with this setup, handling was MUCH more planted but I haven't tested any higher because my tires are only rated for 130 mph. I really don't care to go any faster because a wreck = death at those speeds even in newer safer cars. I'm glad I got my speed demon out of me without incident.
                        My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

if you want to go faster i strongly suggest a cage and a track.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

why would you want your car to have a higher top speed?
                            you should only go so fast on the road any ways
                            mine has 220 kmh on the speedo but it doesnt mean i want to go reach it let alone go past it.......shit at about 160kmh the car starts to feel unsafe any ways

just curious is all

there is only one time i even tested my vehicles top speed and cut out about 185kmh in my mazda GTX 1.8 4x4 turbo and i payed the price for it...got caught by a cop with a speed camera and car was impounded and instant loss of liscence for 28 days then had to go to court and the judge gave me a further 6 months of no liscence and also i had to pay a huge fine. so yeah that and LOS OF LIFE is why speeding is not worth it
                            Last edited by Madpol; 05-05-2011, 02:59 PM.

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
                            — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Yeah man Thats not a very good idea. I hit 110 in my ex 5spd before lost control while breaking hard and spun 180 backward then 180 back to the front. Thought it was over at that point but i was lucky i was the only one out there.

You would be more satisfied getting more torque with a high quality set of brakes to match since that's where most people with the "need for speed" seem to find happiness.

Comment

Working...
                              X