Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

tranny gear synchro options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny gear synchro options

Sup fellas! just 2 nights ago I was boosting heavy on 4th gear when POP! I originally thought it was an axle. But come to find out 4th gear synchro shreaded completely. I really wanna get it fixed before HT meet. I wanna do it up the right way This time. (2nd tranny RIP) what options do i have for aftermarket gears/tranny/extra.? Reinforcement? And has anyone had success in 1/4 mile with a certain custom gear ratio? I just wanna do it right. Tired of fuckn up trannys....thanks guys!

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
    MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
    11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Check out Gearspeed at http://www.gearspeedinc.com

I have a trans that they built and I am very happy with it! Accord EX tranny with carbon coated syncros, Prelude final drive (4.266) and Quaiffe LSD. If you want to "do it right", this is the place to call.
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Thanks man! I'm looking into it. Wanna get it fixed ASAP. People have been telling me to go mfactory, Anyone Have good experience with them? I've heard good things about gearspeed

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
      11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

I've heard good things about the MFactory diff and it's about $200 less than the Quaiffe.

Check availability, reputation, price and warranty.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Pretty good so far. I have a MFactory 4.64 FD in my H22 that was put in last August.

Comment

I have the mfactory diff and love it. I have the carbon synchros from synchrotech and though they shift like butter on boosted cars, they blow out just as often as the OEM ones do.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
              I have the mfactory diff and love it. I have the carbon synchros from synchrotech and though they shift like butter on boosted cars, they blow out just as often as the OEM ones do.
              Thanks man! It already has a synchrotech diff. I have no problems there. Nd your right from what I've been told carbon coated synchros will go Just as fast. My only other option is to convert to 4 gears in order to go forged/dog cut gears, 1600$ for 1st nd 2nd or 3rd nd 4th. Or 3k$ on all 4.... Just too much money. I Just went with 3rd nd 4th from synchrotech. I know its not Gonna last. I was hoping for 11's this summer but I'm not Even sure anymore. Why do they make b series forged gears and not h/f series!?

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
              11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

If i were going to suggest anything to help make your trans survive a ton of abuse it would be the tilton flow control valve. It help by making your clutch slip momentarily which helps to absorb drive train shock.

Learning how to properly preload your drive train at the track is also really important to the longevity of your drivetrain.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'm using all the info Im getting. Especially yours since you've been down the Track more than once and have a killer ass setup! . My plans are to try to get as much passes as possible this year. I'm gonna be running slicks for the first time ever. And I could use all the pointers. Like preloading. I'm (definitely) gonna look into the tilton flow control valve. Is that what your using?

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                  11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

what are you doing to make that thing eat the synchros so fast? have you looked into an ecu set up that does full throttle shifts and setting it to limit at the rpm its going to in the beginning of the next gear. like my car. when i shift from first to second at 7800rpm it drops to say 4700rpm. so i set it so when i press the clutch to shift to second i hold the gas to the floor and it only revs to 4700rpm so there's no harsh engagement into 2nd.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                      what are you doing to make that thing eat the synchros so fast? have you looked into an ecu set up that does full throttle shifts and setting it to limit at the rpm its going to in the beginning of the next gear. like my car. when i shift from first to second at 7800rpm it drops to say 4700rpm. so i set it so when i press the clutch to shift to second i hold the gas to the floor and it only revs to 4700rpm so there's no harsh engagement into 2nd.
                      Thats the problem. The trannys its gernaded have been in 4th gear in full load, no wheel spining.....when POP's! and because of that and many people/cb7tuner members, I know ima be doing that in like 2nd or 3rd or whatever @ the track. But ima look into what you have in your ecu. I get what it will do and that would help. Im tuned on eCtune im sure its got it. I will be asking my tuner. Would boost by gear benifit in that aswell? Thanks man

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                      11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

yes it would. its the shock into the next gear thats killing you. if you smooth the transition some you'd be better off. its the drop from how many ever rpms its spinning to trying to stop. where as if you can keep it spinning and just slow it down it helps.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by NWaccord View Post
                          Thats the problem. The trannys its gernaded have been in 4th gear in full load, no wheel spining.....when POP's! and because of that and many people/cb7tuner members, I know ima be doing that in like 2nd or 3rd or whatever @ the track. But ima look into what you have in your ecu. I get what it will do and that would help. Im tuned on eCtune im sure its got it. I will be asking my tuner. Would boost by gear benifit in that aswell? Thanks man
                          yes and no.
                          boost by gear will save your 1st-3rd, but not your 4th, being that full boost will be applied in 4th
                          if you want to make it to the meet, switch out syncros
                          was the 4th syncro, new?
                          a carbon coated will last about the same as a new syncro, not a used one
                          damn... 4th
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                            yes and no.
                            boost by gear will save your 1st-3rd, but not your 4th, being that full boost will be applied in 4th
                            if you want to make it to the meet, switch out syncros
                            was the 4th syncro, new?
                            a carbon coated will last about the same as a new syncro, not a used one
                            damn... 4th
                            Thanks guys Ok thats what I was kinda thinking too. So it will help kinda of. First tranny was 100k mile off a f22a1. that one literaly gernaded the stock diff. 2nd one shreaded just 4th, it already had the syncrotech lsd, used aswell. 3rd one is a hmotors m2j5 out of a f22B low mileage, fitted again with the same lsd. and it was a OEM 4th syncro,not new (current one). and a few other things that gave.

Current carnage

The old diff.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                            11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                              yes it would. its the shock into the next gear thats killing you. if you smooth the transition some you'd be better off. its the drop from how many ever rpms its spinning to trying to stop. where as if you can keep it spinning and just slow it down it helps.
                              Makes sense cus i can feel a slight vibration when I shift. I knew it would take abuse but not that much, It thoght f/h series trannys were stronger. Im leaning towards what you kinda of have.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
                              11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Working...
                              X