Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

P0A Ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P0A Ecu

Hi

I got a P0A Ecu and i need some clarification on what i can or cant do to this Ecu. Most threads and articles talked on about civic ecus and just wrote one liners for anything related to a accord/prelude ecu.

In the end id like to just get over 200hp and to change the vtec engage to around the range of 3500-4500rpm

any thoughts?

It would be very helpful if you specified which engine you plan to use this ECU with.

The P0A ECU is the stock F22B1 ECU. It can be modified to some extent, but not much. You will have VERY limited control with this ECU. Accord/Prelude ECUs generally cannot be fully modified and tuned.

If you are running a VTEC engine of any kind, the P28 or P72 are the ECUs you want to look for.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      It would be very helpful if you specified which engine you plan to use this ECU with.

The P0A ECU is the stock F22B1 ECU. It can be modified to some extent, but not much. You will have VERY limited control with this ECU. Accord/Prelude ECUs generally cannot be fully modified and tuned.

If you are running a VTEC engine of any kind, the P28 or P72 are the ECUs you want to look for.
      h22a4, as long as i get 200hp out of it and change vtec to engage earlier ill be happy and i dont want to spend more money on another ecu if i dont have too.

Comment

That ECU is fueling for a completely different engine... it may very well damage your H22A, especially in the upper RPM range, where the F22B1 doesn't go.

Changing the ECU will not give you 200hp. I have a fully tuned P28 and a few basic bolt-on mods, and I doubt I'm even over 190.

Comment

when your working on a budget you really don't want to make purchases like this till you know what your doing or what will work for what you need... just saying a p13 would have been a much better choice or like deev said the P72 or p28

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
            when your working on a budget you really don't want to make purchases like this till you know what your doing or what will work for what you need... just saying a p13 would have been a much better choice or like deev said the P72 or p28
            got it for free

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              That ECU is fueling for a completely different engine... it may very well damage your H22A, especially in the upper RPM range, where the F22B1 doesn't go.

Changing the ECU will not give you 200hp. I have a fully tuned P28 and a few basic bolt-on mods, and I doubt I'm even over 190.
              isnt this ecu reprogrammable?, thats what my intention was, just to reprogram it to run a h22

Comment

No, it is not reprogrammable. You might be able to change some minor things, but it is not programmable enough to be useful. That is why people use the P28.

Comment

check the for sale thread i have if you want an ecu to run your h22...

Ride List
                  1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                  2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                  newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

I would go in the direction of a chipped civic/integra ecu, I've been seeing afew burnt out P13's lately, def. not worth it IMO unless you can get one for wicked cheap.

Comment

A p28 will usually run you used about $100 at the most.Its what everyone wants can be hard to find depending on your area.You may also find a P08 which is the d15b vtec ecu also even more rare.Now a p06 is easy came in any civic/del sol lx,dx,cx,hx 92-95 you can find one for $20-50 if Your a deal hunter.It is non vtec ecu but any shop that knows honda can chip it for vtec and give you 2step,vtec engagements as a h22 is dual stage if im not wrong etc etc...for around $40-60.Tons of ecu's out there bud.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                      X