Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

exhaust hp gain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust hp gain?

Puttin in custom 2.25 catback piping and a straight through design magnaflow muffler... anyone know the estimated hp gain for my 90 accord ex?

My 90 Accord EX
    Member's Ride Thread

5-6 horsepower
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Well, exhaust systems alone won't do much. However, in conjunction w/a free flowing intake and header, you might see 3-5whp gains from a cat-back exhaust system. I know it isn't much, but HP=Money.
      My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
        Well, exhaust systems alone won't do much. However, in conjunction w/a free flowing intake and header, you might see 3-5whp gains from a cat-back exhaust system. I know it isn't much, but HP=Money.
        So your saying I/H/E only nets 3-5 whp. That sounds awfully pessimistic to me
        My CB7 post on my blog
        My CB7 thread

Comment

maybe a tad more, but considering the f22 isnt a very potent motor to begin with... increasing flow wont help much. that motor doesnt need much flow. without boost, its pretty weak.

but on others, it can make a big difference. on my car, just removing the silencer net me about 15whp. and a friends b20vtec went from 172 to 197whp(untuned) just by swapping the aftercat piping to a bigger free flowing setup... instead of the stock pipes.

Comment

I would think I/H/E + highflow cat + upped fuel pressure + cleaned injectors = 12 whp on F22
            My CB7 post on my blog
            My CB7 thread

Comment

Originally posted by typhoon
              I would think I/H/E + highflow cat + upped fuel pressure + cleaned injectors = 12 whp on F22
              ^^^Maybe. I/H/E like the other are saying won't do a whole lot. If u add the other stuff then maybe but still, don't be disappointed it you don't get your 12 whp.

Comment

with I/H/E, possibly 12-15 hp to the crank, but around 6-8 to the wheels; and thats if your car is running right..no CELs, timing is correct, etc.
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

^^I agree, alot of people that mod cars, dont even make sure its running top notch in the first place. Making sure a car is tuned of properly is like a mod and hp gain right there.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I've seen dyno charts on a bolt on F22A1 and the gains are pretty decent with the big 3...

Depending on brand and condition of the motor... you can gain roughly 4-5 with each for a total of 14-16 at the crank...So maybe 10-12 at the wheel swith a manual...but these were premanufactured aftermarket parts with R&D put into them...

BUT...

Don't estimate about HP gains...there's no point to it.. you either feel it or you don't...you can either dyno it or not... any guesses would be just for perceived bragging rights which is lame...and if you do that you will be asked about how you know...dyno plots, etc...
                    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

I am going to do a before and after dyno when I get all my mods done plus have it tuned. But I'm hoping and guessing for at least +12 at the wheels. Any less and I'll be a little disappointed.
                      My CB7 post on my blog
                      My CB7 thread

Comment

i cant feel that much on my budget setup...
                        ghetto intake, dc header, carsound cat, magnaflow muffler with stock piping.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                        X