Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What would you do if you had $10k to spend on the performance of your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would never dump that much into a CB, with the BB1 chassis available.

I'd prob still do a light build though, for a daily driver.

Powertrain/Drivetrain
    F22A6
    H23 IM
    H22 pistons (did anyone find out if the blocks can handle an 2mm overbore?)
    Bisi Stg 1 cam
    2.5" straight exhaust w/OEM style muffler
    8# flywheel/OEM clutch
    M2B4 LSD trans w/4.07 FD (if possible)

Suspension
    Koni Yellow Supercup kit, Sport springs
    Progress rear sway
    BB1 VTEC front knuckles w/brakes
    Brembo Blanks + Hawk HPS pads all around

Chassis
    Underbody cross brace
    Front & rear 3/4pt strut bars

Interior/Audio
    Black Acura Vigor seats
    Mild audio setup (in dash touchscreen HU, amped 6.5" comps & midbasses)

Exterior
    DA9-R ABS lip
    TSX retro

10K though, honestly I'd rather just get a high mileage TSX

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest View Post
      Automatic? Lulz.
      it would be the 5speed automatic tranny. better known as a paddle shift tranny.

A semi-automatic transmission (also known as clutchless manual transmission, automated manual transmission, flappy-paddle gearbox, or paddle shift gearbox) is a system which uses electronic sensors, processors and actuators to execute gear shifts on the command of the driver.

Comment

buy a better car. lol

probably a nice Porsche 944 turbo.

or, a bb1/4 with a H23vtec bluetop..boosted.
        or, a 97 del sol and swap a K20.

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post

A semi-automatic transmission (also known as clutchless manual transmission, automated manual transmission, flappy-paddle gearbox, or paddle shift gearbox) is a system which uses electronic sensors, processors and actuators to execute gear shifts on the command of the driver.
        Not to mention the advanced modern systems shift faster than any human could anyway, and most models boast faster trap times compared to their manual transmission counterparts.

It wouldnt suck in traffic, either

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
        Traded with: Cb7xChun
        Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
        Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
        My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post

Give me back your man card, I'm only asking once.

Car enthusiasts savor a manual transmission, regardless to traffic or not. Besides, you want a performance car or do you want a commuter car?

Thank you!
          '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
          -'93 BRP LX 4AT
          -'92 AGP LX 5MT
          -'93 AGP EX 4AT
          10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
            -J32A2
            -6 speed CL-S transmission with LSD
            -CL-S ECU
            -full engine harness
            -innovative motor mounts, 85A
            -shifter linkages
            -shifter assembly
            -pspec short shifter
            -Mugen Fan Switch
            -Mugen Thermostat
            -Silla Full Aluminum Radiator
            -UR S Underdriven Power Steering Pulley
            -UR Sc Crank Pulley
            CompTech Supercharger.
            Megan Headers.
            Apex'i WS2 Exhaust.

That should about cover it.
            Why a j32a2? Why not a J37 from the 2011 TL?

Comment

Give me back your man card, I'm only asking once.

Car enthusiasts savor a manual transmission, regardless to traffic or not. Besides, you want a performance car or do you want a commuter car?

Thank you!
              I wouldn't try speaking for all "car enthusiasts" if I were you lol. While I in general agree (manual for me all day) many of the best enthusiasts, racers, and car magazine testers and editors would gladly take the afore mentioned tranny set up. There is a reason ferrari and lambo use such systems and it's their top sellers. Not to mention what they use in race cars.

Secondly, I'm not sure "performance car" and cb should even be used in the same sentence. Let alone the point of those same trannys actually "perform" better than a manual. If anything, that makes it a performance car.

Anyway, like I and some others have said, I'd rather not sink 10k into a cb when there are better chassis to work with, to make a "performance car". I'd keep the cb as that commuter.

Some, however, might prefer a performance based, well handling, fun and easy to drive commuter. More power to them. I'd love to see a cb with an advanced paddle shift system.

My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                I wouldn't try speaking for all "car enthusiasts" if I were you lol. While I in general agree (manual for me all day) many of the best enthusiasts, racers, and car magazine testers and editors would gladly take the afore mentioned tranny set up. There is a reason ferrari and lambo use such systems and it's their top sellers. Not to mention what they use in race cars.

Secondly, I'm not sure "performance car" and cb should even be used in the same sentence. Let alone the point of those same trannys actually "perform" better than a manual. If anything, that makes it a performance car.

Anyway, like I and some others have said, I'd rather not sink 10k into a cb when there are better chassis to work with, to make a "performance car". I'd keep the cb as that commuter.

Some, however, might prefer a performance based, well handling, fun and easy to drive commuter. More power to them. I'd love to see a cb with an advanced paddle shift system.
                I'm not speaking for all enthusiasts, just for myself as an enthusiast.

I don't care how much faster an SMG/paddle shifter setup is around Nurburgring or some other silly magazine test. I know what's more enjoyable for driving.

Also any car can be a performance car, with the right amount of money -- so I think you're the wrong one there.

And lastly, this thread isn't about what people consider the Accord to be as far as I can see in the thread title, it is about what would you do with 10K if you were "performance first" modifying your car.
                Last edited by br0nx finest; 12-17-2010, 10:04 AM.

Prev CBs:
                -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

I'm not speaking for all enthusiasts, just for myself as an enthusiast.

I don't care how much faster an SMG/paddle shifter setup is around Nurburgring or some other silly magazine test. I know what's more enjoyable for driving.

Also any car can be a performance car, with the right amount of money -- so I think you're the wrong one there.

And lastly, this thread isn't about what people consider the Accord to be as far as I can see in the thread title, it is about what would you do with 10K if you were "performance first" modifying your car.
                  And I'm saying that the thread was about what you would do for "performance" not "enjoyability". Point is, those trannys perform better, so that guy posting WHAT HE WANTS shouldn't be ragged on. Like I said, it's not what I would do, I agree that manual is they way to go, I wouldn't want to drive a performance car otherwise. But the paddleshift system in my g35s is a beast, and is faster than a manual version any day of the week, and is nice in hour long bumper to bumper Atlanta traffic. Just sayin.

My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzD8sLIyxUY

enough said...paddle shifters ftw

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                      And I'm saying that the thread was about what you would do for "performance" not "enjoyability". Point is, those trannys perform better, so that guy posting WHAT HE WANTS shouldn't be ragged on. Like I said, it's not what I would do, I agree that manual is they way to go, I wouldn't want to drive a performance car otherwise. But the paddleshift system in my g35s is a beast, and is faster than a manual version any day of the week, and is nice in hour long bumper to bumper Atlanta traffic. Just sayin.
                      Enjoy it.

Prev CBs:
                      -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                      -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                      -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Enjoy it.
                        Still, in agreement with you, there is a reason I drove my 5 speed prelude on a daily vs the G.

My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

If I had 10K to drop on a build i have a few options i would choose from:

1. Put the CB in the garage and buy a WRX. This would give me a more fun DD and allow me to actually put in the wrench time for the CB. I mean, DD my CB limits the things i can do to my car cause i have to drive it every day. Having a WRX for a DD means my CB can be totally unreliable but fun to drive. Ya know, basically a weekend warrior/dedicated track car. Plus, who doesn't love turbo AWD?

2. Build my CB the way i've wanted to since the day i first saw her almost 5 years ago.
                          H22
                          bored 2mm over
                          95mm forged F22a crank
                          Sleeved
                          12:1 Forged pistons
                          Bisi stage2 cams, cam gears, valve springs, retainers, Header
                          Maxbore TB
                          H22 LSD 5spd
                          Stage 2 Axles
                          stage 2 clutch
                          Spoon DC2 twin pot front calipers
                          (already have vtec/prelude setup and SS lines)
                          F&F II coilovers
                          ESP mounts, strut bars, traction bar

yeah i think that's about the 10K point. I know when i priced the engine build it was about 6K.

same engine as above but, Bisi f-to-b converter, use a B series AWD tranny with custom mounts, a ford 9" rear end and have a RWD H24 powered beast. That would be my ultimate build aside from dropping in a SBC350.
                          90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                          91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

I would leave my cb7 stock then cover it with 10k worth of stickers and be the fastest on the streets yo! bwahahahaha
                            R.I.P Rex 10/10/97-08/06/09
                            There aren’t enough words in this world to say how much you will be missed. love you buddy!

Comment

if I had $10,000 well I'd....

I'd spend it all!
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

i would buy a late ninties oddesy slam it to the ground and build a F22ax for boost and kill some mustangs lol

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                                91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                                funds for swap:$000.00
                                Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                                Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Working...
                                X