Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What would you do if you had $10k to spend on the performance of your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do if you had $10k to spend on the performance of your car?

Just wondering if you had $10k willing to spend on your CB alone, this is includes anything with the engine, no visual upgrades or lights or interior upgrades or even wheels or suspension. What would you guys do?

Example:
    - Type of motor
    - Some mods to motor
    - ECU/tuning
    - Fuel
    - Anything else engine related
    - Forced induction -turbo/supercharged

Most people won't spend that much but yet again we can dream!
    Last edited by CB7Nub; 11-17-2010, 11:42 PM.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

I would do a complete BISI build..stage 3 cam, header, valvetrain, pistons for high comp N/A build, and anything else that he can do for me to make another N/A f22 like his

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

That good to get my coupe done and then some

turbo setup
      suspension
      and a nice paint job.
      Last edited by RICHIE*GT35R; 11-17-2010, 01:15 PM.
      Accord Of The Month January 09
      Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
      BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

-bisi 2.3 nitrous cam $249$
        -bisi springs and retainers $159$
        -bisi 9.1 comp pistons, and h beams $400 + 319$
        -bisi custom header $849$
        -bisi adj cam gear $135$
        -zex plugs $30$
        -H22 tranny with lsd $600$
        -ported h23 intake manni with cut butterfly's $45$
        -2.5 pipe w/ cat to Megan duel tip M-Dt universal muffler (REAL deep tone) $135 + 200$
        -custom itb set up $700$
        -zex nitrous wet kit (125 shot) $400$

total under the hood $4,221

Future exterior & suspension plans
        -wek'sos fuction and form type 1 coilovers $630$
        -megan camber kit $250$
        -Explicit Speed Performance mount kit and traction bar system with front torque mount kit $670$
        -ebay mugen front lip $100$
        -Hankook Ventus R-S3 tires $550$
        -Kosei K1 TS competition wheels (Orange Painted) $600$
        -exterior of cb7 painted, Storm Silver Metallic from the Honda Fit. $1000$
        -fix "honda rust" $200$
        -Sarona Design roof wing & trunk lip $450$
        -rolled fenders $20$
        -full disk break set up $160$
        -diy roll cage $200$

total here $4,830

total in all $9,051

Power estimations
        -before build -100hp
        -after internals - 185hp
        -spraying - 310hp

Comment

I'd put a second F22A at the back wheels. If there was money left over, I'd see about LSD's front and rear, and bumping up the power (probably via turbo in the rear and NA up front).

Comment

how many of these threads do we have now?

My Members Ride Thread
            Originally posted by deevergote
            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFirstNutZo View Post
              I'd put a second F22A at the back wheels. If there was money left over, I'd see about LSD's front and rear, and bumping up the power (probably via turbo in the rear and NA up front).
              # 1 your dumb, if you did that stupid set up why would you ONLY turbo the rear motor and build the front one for n/a...

#2 that is one STUPID idea. just get a f22 to d series tranny adapter from bisi, and get a d series 4wd wagowan tranny, and custom every thing. think out side the box, labeled "I know this one stupid idea but im going to say it anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                # 1 your dumb
                Ironnnnnnny.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

If I had $10k to drop on a vehicle. I'd probably start with a car that wasn't 20 years old...lol

Honestly though, I would upgrade the complete suspention & brakes and stiffen the chassis. Then I would also get rid of any and all rust. After that I would look at building the motor with any money I had left over. Not much sense in putting a $10k motor into a 20 year old POS that can't handle it!
                  Last edited by GhostAccord; 11-17-2010, 02:43 PM.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                    # 1 your dumb, if you did that stupid set up why would you ONLY turbo the rear motor and build the front one for n/a...

#2 that is one STUPID idea. just get a f22 to d series tranny adapter from bisi, and get a d series 4wd wagowan tranny, and custom every thing. think out side the box, labeled "I know this one stupid idea but im going to say it anyway!"
                    First, I would want to have a lot more power in the rear than in the front. 400hp in the back and 200 in the front would be quite sufficient for my power lust, so no need for the complication of a turbo up front. 200HP NA isn't all that expensive (might be just as cheap as building a turbo setup). 400HP NA is cost prohibitive.

Second, I would prefer to have two engines than AWD. It is more unique, definitely more interesting, and would have a much more rearward bias on power than any wagowan tranny is ever going to.

Given that the entire point of this thread is to dump excessive amounts of money into a car (which is pretty stupid to begin with, logically speaking) that you will never come close to recouping, or even getting the appropriate value back out of, I do not see a problem with what I would want to do to MY car with MY money.

With your pretend 10,000 budget, make your AWD vehicle with massive torque steer problems. With my pretend money I want twin engines.

I like the idea of twin engines, you can think whatever the hell you want to. Grow the hell up.

Comment

I would probably go with something unique like a rwd conversion and a f20c swap stroked to 2.4L

Comment

Id put it into my 86 300zx and do a full motor build and boost.

easy 600hp
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

roots on a stick. later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

k24 swap, k20 head, custom bisi cams, bisi header, kinsler ITB's, Motec, AMR coilovers, 17x8 +25 forged wheels wrapped in BFG KDW's, big brakes, etc.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I'd probably go in this order until I ran out of cash:
                              - buy an EX coupe (rear discs!) and move over the H I'm getting anyway
                              - paint it black
                              - koni yellows/eibach sports
                              - energy bushings/progress rear sway/ESP everything
                              - bisi header/lvl 2 cam/springs+retainers/P28 on Hondata S300/Mahle 11.5:1/injectors
                              - EBC rotors/pads
                              - 1 piece heads
                              - Buddy Club P1 SFs in matte black, 16x7

... I'm sure I've gone over by now
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-18-2010, 02:02 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X