Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bisimoto H22a Header Dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before dyno

Well because almost 70% of the people that voted wanted a dyno with exhaust, we are going with scenario number 2.

Here is the before dyno with exhaust.

Sorry for the bad cell phone picture, I can't find my sd card, but when I do I will take a picture with my camera and post it.

Numbers, in case you cannot read them are

190whp and 153wtq

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

thats really good for a stock h
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Not completely stock

The engine is not completely stock,

My current setup.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        H22a ~60,000 miles
        stock internals
        Euro-R intake manifold (Port matched to TB)
        PBT 74-68mm tapered TB
        Acura RDX injectors
        EBAY 2.75" SRI

Kteller 3" stainless manderal bent exhaust
        carsound 3" cat
        3"X18" straight through resonator
        3" Magnaflow oval (not straight through muffler)

Stock JDM h22a Header with 2.5" collector modification.

Tuned by me on Neptune RTP

and that dyno reads high, I am probably closer to 180 then 190 on other dynos, but I am at 2500 feet so I still feel pretty good about it.

Comment

it says stock internals
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Soo what gain are we talkin here?
            1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
            CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
            PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

Yes stock internals

Just the bolt ons listed,

As for the gains, I am +16 hp over my completely stock motor.

The Bisi header has not been installed yet, I wont get it dyno'd for two weeks.

So I guess we will see then.

Comment

update

Hey guys, it is sort of a pathetic update, but all the parts that I needed are on the way and scheduled for delivery on Thursday.

Sorry for the lack of progress, but I had a more difficult time finding the Flange and gasket then I thought.

They are on the way now though, and sitting here in front of me are 9 new Honda OEM header studs, nuts and a header gasket.

The hope is to have it installed on Friday, and then tune it next week and if possible Dyno it before the week of thanksgiving.

Comment

sounds great! I'm lookin forward to seeing what your results are!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Well guys

Sadness occurred today.

The "2.5 inch" flange showed up and the inside diameter is 2", besides this the holes do not line up with the flange on the bisi header.

Also the gasket that is supposed to be here tomorrow just shipped out this afternoon.

Overall not a very good day.

I need to call Kteller in the morning and see whats up, because this will set me back quite a while, and I have a bad feeling that they will not have the 2.5" flange I really need.

If anyone has found the real flange, and has a local to purchase it, that would be awesome.

Comment

Kteller response

Hey guys I got a response from Kteller, great customer service!

I was assured that it is the correct flange, but that some cutting may be necessary to get to a larger diameter. I will be talking to my exhaust shop people to see if they could do that for me.

I am also trying to figure out what is going to happen with the spring bolts, I may have additional information later tonight.

Regards.

Comment

Kteller response again

Well I was informed today that the best option for the bisi header is probably the vibrant jdm header fabrication pack.

The bad new is that it costs $50

Comment

Update

Well it is installed, I opted to go with a felexpipe instead of the donut gasket for now, unfortunately the exhaust shop installed the flex pipe pretty far away from the end of the down pipe, so hopefully the header can take the force.

I might get some tuning done tonight, but have some school work I really need to get done too.

Possible updates, with more pictures and some videos later on tonight.

I will also say that my car may actually be quieter with this guy...

Comment

In for results... What type of dyno? We tuned a stock JDM H22a with a 3" exhaust and shitty dc header and it made 201 WHP with a F22 trans... dynojet 224...

Im really curious as rto what you get for results.
                            750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
                            realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Dyno

The dyno is will be a dynojet.

I got it tuned fairly well in the last few hours, and think I am to the point where I would need a dyno to pull more out of it.

I may be able to get in tomorrow, but don't know.

The engine feels SOOOOO smooth compared to how it felt with the old header.

And as I mentioned earlier the exhaust is quieter, so thats good I guess.

Here are two videos from today, I am granny shifting because I don't like how far back the flex pipe is from the end of the header, and don't want to put that much torque on it.

I will have it moved closer soon, but feel comfortable dynoing, its just the shifting I am concerned about.

Anyway here are some videos

Shift light comes on at 7250 in 1st, 7500 2nd, and 7600 3rd just so you know.

going through the gears, without a launch and granny shifting, I also let off a bit at the top of 3rd

Second gear pull

Comment

Images

Here is a better image of the before dyno, and also a crappy image of the plug I pulled after a few pulls on the new tune.

EDIT: the a/f I am shooting for on this is 12.7
                                Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 11-12-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X