Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

delta 272 regrind, just a heads up on my experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

delta 272 regrind, just a heads up on my experience!

Hey just just wanna let you guys know about the Delta 272 regrind in my car... it gave me more power than a ZEX 55 shot of nitrous!!! how do i know?

friends 00 cavi 24 with I/E and motormounts.. with my nitrous and STOCK cam from a 40 roll he would pull close to a car till 90... withOUT nitrous and with the camshaft we were dead even if not i was pulling a tad on him.. not much at all tho.... in the end i talked to him and said it gave me more power than my fucking nitrous, he thought a little bit and then he said "holy shit it did, didn't it?!" i'm very happy with that camshaft.. don't know how the cam gave it more power than the 55 shot of nitrous but i don't care!!! N/A baby!

and for those of you who think this is BS, well then i guess you can keep thinking that... and i know it surprised the hell outta me!
    HAN - ZiviCase10287
    Honda-tech - zivicase
    HMT - draztik
    d-series - draztik
    Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Holy shit BS!!!

lol

J/K J/K

Thats cool but I wonder if that will work for turboed f22a as well? or is this a only n/a thing?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Sweet. So now you beat him with the combo of nitrous and the regrind. Are the 2000 Cavaliers with 2.4L really that competitive?
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

ud have to ask Delta to make u a turbo cam.. i believe a good turbo cam has alot of lift with a good amount of duration but nothing like a n/a cam..

more lift= more cfm u can force into the motor
        i think i have the principle right..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

i'm selling my nitrous and staying N/A..i plan on getting a ported and polished throttle body next...

my friends 00 cavi z24 is a freak, he beat a 99 cavi z24 with I/E when he only had I/E... beat the guy by 3 cars missing 3rd - 4th gear... same cavi beat a 91 trans am with a 350 automatic with I/E by .5 cars, same 00 cavi that beat an Ion Redline from 30 - 80mph by .5 cars, beat a 00 BMW 328i 6spd by 2 cars from 30 - 80... beat 1996 GSR with I/E that ran a 15.5 at the track by .5 cars... beat a 96 trans am 350 auto stock LT1 with air foil by 1 car from 45 - 90...... now i'm dead even with him from a 40-90 roll..... btw before the camshaft and without the nitrous he would pull 3 cars on me from a 40 - 90 roll BUT from a dead stop we were dead even.... so now i got the camshaft that gave me 3 cars from a roll on, can't wait too see what it does for me from a stop
          HAN - ZiviCase10287
          Honda-tech - zivicase
          HMT - draztik
          d-series - draztik

Comment

for some reason the 00 z24's are when they started getting quicker over the early years.. from 00 on the z24's were suppose to run 15.7 - 15.6 stock but have seen 15.4 with a damn good driver bone stock...
            HAN - ZiviCase10287
            Honda-tech - zivicase
            HMT - draztik
            d-series - draztik

Comment

RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

so the the 272 regrind cam do u have to take out ur cam from ur car and send it to them or do u just buy another cam with the regrind and keep ur stock one? i really cant afford have no car thats why otherwise ill be fired and be on academic probation.

Comment

Originally posted by SenseiAccord
                  so the the 272 regrind cam do u have to take out ur cam from ur car and send it to them or do u just buy another cam with the regrind and keep ur stock one? i really cant afford have no car thats why otherwise ill be fired and be on academic probation.
                  u can get another f22a cam and send it in.. that way there is barely any down time..

My Ride

Comment

My bet is that since nitrous helps more on the low revs, that from a 40 roll that the cam would probably help about the same or equal to the nitrous anyway. 50 shot of zex is about 35 whp I'd imagine. I don't think that's going to be the case with the cam, but the cam might have a better area under the curve to work off of.

In any case, I've always felt like the F22 could deffinitely benefit from a re-cam. Anyone dynoed a cam in the F22 yet? Perhaps when I get my project car I'll have to do some experiments for ya'll.

- Nathan Morris
                    Nathan Morris

92 Accord LX - RIP
                    92 Civic CX B18B1 Hatch - RIP (126whp, i/h motor)
                    99 Civic EX Coupe w/ 1.9L stroker on the way, current at 121whp.

nonVTEC.com - Technical discussion for F, D, and H series nonVTEC tuners

H22Power.com

Comment

Working...
                    X