Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22b bottom end package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b bottom end package

this is for those who want a better bottom end for the f22,f22b1, and i think it will fit the f22b and f23. the stuff pretty close . the sites
    flatlanderracing.com. or importperformance.net
    go to site click on where it says import. seperate scrren opens up. scroll down and look for short block performance rebuild. click on honda and there for 1699. hope you find it useful for tose who want a stronger bottom end to run turbo.

Includes: Fits:
    Reconditioned Block (maged)
    Bored .040 over w/Torque Plates (2204cc's, 145HP)
    ROSS Forged Pistons
    (.040 over, 8.5-1 or 10.5-1 comp ratio)
    Plasma Moly Rings
    Performance Wrist Pins
    Crower Chrome Moly Rods
    Toga Main and Rod Bearings
    Expansion Plugs
    Comes Balanced and Assembled

Short Block comes with complete VTEC take off head Make: Honda Accord, Prelude
    Engine Code: F22, F22B1
    Description: 2156cc, 16V, VTEC, SOHC

Price: $1699
    Part #: IPP-SBR-02
    Last edited by xfactortype1; 02-03-2005, 09:56 AM.

I was thinking about doing something like that awhile ago. Buying an already assembled performance block and all. But it just kinda takes away from the fun of piecing things together yourself and learning a great deal about the internals of an engine. I wonder if they'd warranty that block tho lol...that would be a huge benefit to buying basically a "pre-fab" block. But as for price list forged rods and pistons w/rings usually cost like $800 total. Bearings are about $200 and you can bore and hone for like $100. Block cleaning can be had for like $50-100 and so can balancing for $50...total price being about $1250 and no need to ship but no warranty. So yea i'm still deciding good find tho
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

emial golden eagle.....way better and better rep...

they do/include all of that plus the re-sleeved the block to handle 30psi. cost is 1500 for every thing, well thats the price they gave me..
      NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

Originally posted by theone
        emial golden eagle.....way better and better rep...

they do/include all of that plus the re-sleeved the block to handle 30psi. cost is 1500 for every thing, well thats the price they gave me..
        more details?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

i got the email at work, im at home right now, but ill beable to retrieve monday, ill post it then.
          i emailed them like 5-8 months ago, so i dont remember it all.
          but the rep/one of the owners i talked to said that they do all this, plus resleeve...that was the main thing i wanted.
          it was 900 for that but they offer a discount if u add pistons, boring/honing rings....etc.
          NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

found it, i had emailed it to myself a while ago, here it is....dont know if they add rods tho, im a have to ask

To get your F22 block sleeved up to 89 mm will run you $950.
            To get your F22 block sleeved up to 91 mm ( for all-motor ONLY ) will
            run you $1050.
            This includes putting our new "HD" series sleeves into your block, cleaning
            and decking - Two Options: If nothing is specified about the deck when we
            receive the block, it will be decked to our standards with no o-ring.
            1. step deck which is usually for block that do not have enough room for
            an o-ring due to large bores. It is our "STANDARD"
            2. O-ring - which we like to put on all motors if possible. Works great
            on turbo or NOS cars. ( $50 additional charge )

Remember, we use all CNC equipment to do the sleeving portion
            of the operation so no one can touch us when it comes to quality,
            craftsmanship, tolerances and turn-around. NO ONE!! Plus, our blocks
            get pressure tested before they leave to ensure a perfect block every time!
            Quality and reliability are always our top concerns. Turn around time is
            approx. 10 - 15 working days.

We can bore and hone your block but this process is an additional
            $125.00, adds 3 - 5 days to the turn around time and we need the pistons
            in order to get the process done. We can get you ARIAS pistons for $515.00 .
            Just tell us what your compression preferences are? If you buy the combo
            block sleeve, pistons and bore & hone then we can knock your total for the
            job to $1516.00.( a savings of $109 ) Then all you need is someone to
            assemble your motor and your off with a lot more reliable power than you
            had!!! ( price based on shelf stock pistons. Custom pistons slightly higher! )

Just to let you know, if you decide to ship your block to us without
            contacting us first, please follow the next steps to ensure the job gets
            done fast and correct.
            1. Strip the block of everything, even the mains and oil squirters!
            This will help you save on shipping!
            2. Include a note with your block that has your full name, address,
            contact number and instructions on what your will be using the block
            for and any preferences you may have like o-ring or bore & hone, etc.
            3. Unless you have spoken with Golden Eagle rep., all payment is up front.
            We will not start work on a block until the money has cleared our bank. We
            will contact you upon completion of your block and let you know what the
            return shipping costs will be. Return will be freight collect so you must have
            a check ready for the amount we inform you about.

If you are local, please stop by our place. We would love to give you
            a look around the place and show you some of what we do here at
            Golden Eagle Mfg.

We can also build the motor at our state of the art facility. If
            this sounds like something you would like to do, please e-mail me so I can
            get into detail about it with you. Check out our write up on Overboost at http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=1034

We also have a full line of performance bolt on's that include cam gears,
            fuel rails, intake manifolds, cam seals, vacuum manifolds, VTEC Conversion
            and Turbo Oil Supply Kits and many new and exciting products. Call us today
            for details and pricing.

I hope this has answered some of the questions you may have had and
            I look forward to doing business with you soon.

Regards,
            Vince Tiaga
            Product Manager
            Golden Eagle Racing
            ( a division of Golden Eagle Mfg. )
            www.goldeneaglemfg.com
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

I'd say the two companies are about equal seeing as the first will send the block back fully assembled with all new bearings and the stock sleeves (i believe) can hold about 16-18psi. And comes with the head.

Goldeneagle's block doesn't seem to come assembled and you still need to add rods and possibly an entire bearing kit.

I wonder if the first company does sleeving. I think i'd slap down $2250-2500ish for a fully built bottom end

Comment

1st company does sleeving also.

hey mid-nite i checked into what other services flatlanderracing for you and found they do big bore sleeving for only 160 per cylinder..and that includes the price of the sleeves. so that would be in your price range of 2000 to 2500 hundred dollars. 1699 for the package plus 640 for the sleeving would run 2339. well you can go to overboost.. golden eagle is good but this package offers the crower chrome moly rods and the sleeving. i dont think eagle does either. well you guys are the judge so its your decision. i just figured id share my finds with people i think would or might be interested.

Comment

its all roughly the same anyway

oh an one more thing i just thought id mention. now the golden does come with the block bored and sleeved, but my understanding is no performance rods. so if you add a set to it, i commonly found from a few site most custom rods for the run about 700 average. if you can find them cheaper(than please let me know where) thats for the f22a/f22b/h23 rod with 5.58 c-c length. and h22 rods are 5.63 c-c length( i dont think you can use them) so so your package with the rods will average about 2200 and change anyway. only benfit to flatlanderracing is it assembled already. so you could pay more with labor and installation anyway. for for those who wanna argue whos better, well that up to you. to me its another optionto find f22 parts..so thanks.

Comment

another place is JG dynamic racing, i dont know the site but u can run a search.

all three are good places. just each one leaves something out....lol
                    i think JG comes assembled also
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

If you're mechanically inclined, why not build your own bottom end? Personally, I would and am, because I want to learn and I'm very meticulous and don't trust many people to work on my car. I've heard of too many bad stories. Plus, it's fun and something I've been wanting to do for far way too long. Besides, what's the fun when someone comes up to you and gives you props on your car. Then starts to ask you detailed questions on your engine build. I bet you probably will not be able to describe everything that was done, how, what specific parts were used and to what tolerance things were built, etc.

:thumbsdow IMO, but if you're not mechanically inclined, then it is probably your best option. Block-sleeving, that's a different story, obviously you can not do this yourself unless you have the tools (most do not or have friends/family that have access to one).
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                      X