Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What would you do??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do??

if you had $2000 to spend on your motor right now? The reason Im asking, is that I just got some money and I have $2000 of free money to spend on my motor. I want to stay naturally aspirated and still have it reliable and use it as my DD. She has 170k on her already, so I am thinking a rebuild, with higher comp pistons and mild head work? Though that could easily go over the $2000 mark. What would YOU do?
    1993 Accord LX *Under construction*
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=162083 <---MRT

Originally posted by Darren93 View Post
    if you had $2000 to spend on your motor right now? The reason Im asking, is that I just got some money and I have $2000 of free money to spend on my motor. I want to stay naturally aspirated and still have it reliable and use it as my DD. She has 170k on her already, so I am thinking a rebuild, with higher comp pistons and mild head work? Though that could easily go over the $2000 mark. What would YOU do?
    h22 spray. find a cheap low mileage h22 swap and put some nitrous to it. i have 1100 into my 90 ex 2 dr h22 and my spray setup is almost complete. a couple hundred more and im done.

Comment

deck, 85.5mm 11:1 compression pistons...
      new gaskets
      rebuilt head
      Delta 272
      H23 manifold

thats pretty much it, pistons will be your enemy in terms of budget.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Thats about what I was thinking as well.

Not exactly those exact parts but very similiar.

I have a spare cylinder head, which is a low mileage stock F22a1 head. I'll probably take it into a local shop here, and have them clean it up and replace the valvetrain with OEM parts.

Comment

Originally posted by crashandburn930 View Post
          h22 spray. find a cheap low mileage h22 swap and put some nitrous to it. i have 1100 into my 90 ex 2 dr h22 and my spray setup is almost complete. a couple hundred more and im done.
          Thanks for the idea...I have been tossing around the idea of swapping in an H22, but I just really dig the F22. Nitrous won't be used. I have no need for it. The car will be used for weekend autox events as well as daily driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren93 View Post
            Thats about what I was thinking as well.

Not exactly those exact parts but very similiar.

I have a spare cylinder head, which is a low mileage stock F22a1 head. I'll probably take it into a local shop here, and have them clean it up and replace the valvetrain with OEM parts.
            just reuse the old oem stuff, i rebuild them with the oem valves all the time as long as there is enough margain on the valves. ask them how much extra to backcut the valves and run a thinner 45 degree seat. like .040 and .050 wide.

you'll get a lot of high lift flow.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

will do. I found a shop here in town that has good reviews and a few of my old friends have used this place before.

Comment

I would definitely go with the Bisi 12:1 Pistons and Rods combo as well as is Ceramic Coated Stainless Steel Header. That should be right at $2000 Don't worry about labor if you have a decent shop they will let you make payments on the build til it's paid in full. But with those parts right there you got a good 40whp coming your way. Perhaps more.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Head work (maybe a cam)
                  Bisimoto Header
                  Cat-back.
                  A6/H23 IM with SRI.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                    I would definitely go with the Bisi 12:1 Pistons and Rods combo as well as is Ceramic Coated Stainless Steel Header. That should be right at $2000 Don't worry about labor if you have a decent shop they will let you make payments on the build til it's paid in full. But with those parts right there you got a good 40whp coming your way. Perhaps more.
                    you're going to add compression and run it with a stock cam?
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

new head gasket and boost it
                      run low boost to be safe
                      i would say do a dsm set up and you should be good
                      even just do a h23 im they can be found cheap
                      headers
                      full cat system

Comment

Working...
                      X