Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Help me out here guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me out here guys...

O.k. first off, I'm getting excited cause I can FINALLY do something to my car. I got a job now and I plan on saving every penny for some mods to the SE. My question to you, and I'm sure this is the 567,291st time asking this question but, but in YOUR opinion what is the most beneficial upgrades to do to a car like mine. By mine, I mean the A6.

But before you answer keep this in mind. As far as exhausts go, something that's not too loud. Headers and Intake? Well, help me with this theory I've developed. To get the full benefit of intake/exhaust upgrades, wouldn't you need to chip the ECU or something. I mean by doing that, you change the A/F ratio and you're left running lean. Having an Automatic (I know, I know, but what can you do?) just sitting at a light, it feels like the idle needs to be fixed (sits at about 450-500, btw). So what's the verdict on my theory?

Next thing, what I DID have in mind was UR racing pulleys. Comments? Yes, I know the power gains will be little to insignificant, but I figure I'll start off light and whatever mods there after will only be amplified by the pulleys.

How about suspension? Though I will have money, I'm just really itchin to do something to my car very soon, and thusly koni yellows are kinda out of the question FOR THE TIME BEING. But eventually, they will come. Oh! I've noticed alot of body roll in the car on turns and would like to eliminate that. Would tower braces fix this? What kind of parts would?

Any small questions about this post can be PM'ed to me, otherwise talk away.

Thanks to all who reply in advance.
    Last edited by Masamune; 01-13-2005, 12:34 AM.
    Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
    D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

Mas .. welcome to CB7Tuner ..

The *search* field has proven to be an *invaluable* tool, in as much as finding the information you've requested.
    Matter a fact .. your thread is the *epitome* of what I've *searched* for myself, and *still* to this day ..
    I haven't finished reading all the threads.. posts.. comments ..reply's .. etc...

CB7Tuner is growing so rapidly, acquiring new members daily at a rate in which I simply cant keep up with.
    Search is your friend Once again welcome to the best (the only) website dedicated soley to The 4rth Gen Accord's.

As someone here said it best ... *Buckle Up* .. and enjoy the ride, I think you will.

A Hui Hou !!!
    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

My apologies I just thought that by putting my opinion in there, maybe some different kinds of answers would show up. Again, sorry about the newb post.
      Fix your Computer!

D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
      ┴─┴
      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Apology for what??

I'm simply sayin that by using the search field, you'll see that members have ran the gamit
        (if you will) about the topics that so interest you ..
        Honestly, I've read alotta the site (and haven't scratched it really) and have come away with what I consider
        *professional* help.. advice .. and friendly service ...

You owe no apology whatsoever .. I assure you ..
        NOW GO AND SEARCH FOR SOMETHING DAMNIT !!! .. and read all of it.. there'll be a quiz at 11pm ...

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

do it right the first time. regardless of whether it's engine, header, intake, etc. etc. do it right the first time.

quality over quantity. many times you'll pay more for a quality part, but it may last you a lot longer than the "budget" line stuff. that's not to say that lower end items/products won't fit the bill.

auto, manual... rock what you got. hell, all amg mercedes benz's are automatics... many saabs are automatic, and they're all turbo... auto isn't so bad!

having been at this for a little while, i would say to do your maintenance first. it seems to me that people pop up with problems that could have been avoided had they undergone their preventive and routine maintenance.

after that (the car may already be up to par, but i have no way of knowing from what you've posted so far), i would suggest doing the suspension. suspension is the way to go. do it right, and you'll notice a world of difference. having had the kyb-gr2's mated to neuspeed sport springs, and now having koni yellows mated to neuspeed sport springs... there's not even a comparison, as the koni yellows win hand down- aesthetics, handling, feel, grip... you name it, the koni yellow is superior (it'd be like comparing michael jordan's b-ball game to mine... i can play, i can hit shots, rebound, block... but who would you want on your 3 on 3 team?!?!).

obviously, this is my subjective opinion, take it with a grain of salt... but suspension is where it's at.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

If you've got the money, go all out ie:

Greddy Exhaust
            AEM CAI
            DC header
            don't even worry about engine work unless you plan on making your car really fast or keeping it a long time....or i suppose if your good at that stuff.....good for you

If you don't have the money, buy your intake off ebay (same thing as most all intakes at least the short rams are)
            I've heard good things about Apexi exhaust, never heard one though as far as loudness goes
            And headers, i wouldnt recommend buying off ebay, although some of the other folks on here would, i wouldnt.
            Just dont buy anything from APC or Pacesetter.

also look at the review section on this site, its most helpful.

good luck fellow cb'r

Comment

EH!!!!!

if i have learned anything is to do it right the first time like uncle said.
              DO A SWAP! by the time you spend all that money on intake, exhaust, header, pulleys, whatever. you could of had a nice f22b dohc, f20a dohc even h22! since you are auto, you can have those for like 1500 shipped. thats the best damn bang for the buck.

anyways if you get a new engine you can do alot of maintaince work to it while its out, and also replace alot of things inside your engine bay.
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                EH!!!!!

if i have learned anything is to do it right the first time like uncle said.
                DO A SWAP! by the time you spend all that money on intake, exhaust, header, pulleys, whatever. you could of had a nice f22b dohc, f20a dohc even h22! since you are auto, you can have those for like 1500 shipped. thats the best damn bang for the buck.

anyways if you get a new engine you can do alot of maintaince work to it while its out, and also replace alot of things inside your engine bay.

yeah what he said.

Comment

You know, after scrambling around this site, i came across the Fushigi RES thread about putting the f22b head on an f22a. He hasn't finished the work yet, but plans on doing a DIY about it as soon as he finishes, i think. Comments on going that route?

As for the engine swap? It's a 93 SE with only 90k original miles on it. Why get rid of a good thing? And yes, i do plan on keeping it awhile. Gonna see if I can get through college with it. Will be intersting

But yeah, anyone have some opinions about my theory with the A/F ratio?
                  Fix your Computer!

┌─┐
                  ┴─┴
                  ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

im doing that same swap but if i had an se with the infamous a6 id think twice about swapping the head especially with only 90k on the motor. and like all the greats said do it right the first time ive been through two cai's and i will be getting a new damper to replace my cheap coilovers

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

Im just starting to mod my car recently, however previous to this I was just sticking to the basics. learning how to drive properly, cornering, shifting,etc, and most importantly making sure your car is properly maintained, because building on a shaky foundation wont reward you when adding performance parts.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Working...
                      X