Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

im looking for opions on Headers to buy today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im looking for opions on Headers to buy today

hey I'm looking to buy headers for my h22a swap I already have a custom cat back system. So I just need the headers but I don't want to spend a crazy amount on just a name I was woundering if anyone knew which 1 would give me the best bang for my buck

Ok i dnt expect you to get many replays because our car uses a header. Not headers. Only one.

As for brands, well if you wanna go super cheap you can find h22 header and down pipe on ebay. The next step up from ebay and such would be to get one through megan. Above that I would say would be DC sports.

HTH...
    My System
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

How many threads...

I believe I have seen this question posted in this exact wording in multiple threads.

If this is true and Im not just having dajavo then please only make one thread for your questions.

If no one responded, and you feel the need to make another thread atleast reword the question in a better mannor.

The short answer to your question, which I think has already been posted, is that there are NO CHEAP HEADERS FOR THE H22 THAT MAKE SIGNIFICANT GAINS.

I place this in caps, because a lot of people do not understand this. If you are going NA, which I think your are because of a lack of information you should expect to pay $50-$100 per whp you expect to add. This includes the header.

So if you want 3 hp pay $150-$300 if you want 10 expect to pay $500-$1000.

EDIT: with that said, DC and other "name brands" cost more for the carb sticker.

Other then that the best option is the ESP (off this site) or hytech knockoff on ebay that are $450 above that you get the real hytech, smsp,kamikazi, and possibly bisi. expect to pay $1000 plus for these headers.

If you cannot afford this, get a different hobby
      Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 03-03-2010, 02:44 PM.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Just to add to this, for those of you who don't already know. The stock H22A1 header/manifold is $393.69 & the pipe A, aka down pipe, is $478.27. So if you want to get better performance than a stock H22A1 header look at spending, at the very least, $500 and upwards too $1100+ for a performance gain of any quantifiable amount.
        Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Elaborating on that

Yes, if you think the guy on ebay makes a better header then honda, you are very mistaken, infact if you look at the header you will see a steel (maybe) version of the honda design.

A great example of this is to look at the b18 type r header, if you look at almost all aftemarket performance headers, they mock this design.

Why, because honda knows what they are doing. The only reason honda dosen't install f1 or indy car sytle headers on our cars is because they cost to damn much, take up alot of room and are not as reliable as a cast iron manifold.

However it would be nice if they offered one as a factory option upgrade

Thank you Ghost for pointing this out.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

The reason the H22A and B18 Type-R headers are what they are is because they are in tune with the engines. Now there are boundaries on how the OEM header will perform. They are tuned remember. So if you start adding cams, higher compression pistons or a PnP/head work. Then it should be obvious that the exhaust and intake are going to have to be changed as well.

So that being said. OP, If you have an H22A1 swap with boltons and no internal mods. I would suggest going to your local junk yard and finding a 93-97 VTEC Prelude and grab the H22A1 header.
            Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-03-2010, 03:47 PM.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X