Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Can you say....DYNO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
    from the iab actuator, you can run a vac line to any of the brass vaccum stems usually located on the back of the intake manifold; this will open and close the iabs
    That's what primocb7 told me in another thread. What does a p72 come on? Civic? If you don't want to answer that I'll go look it up. I'm kinda lazy, that's all.
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
      That's what primocb7 told me in another thread. What does a p72 come on? Civic? If you don't want to answer that I'll go look it up. I'm kinda lazy, that's all.

im pretty sure it comes in the teggi GSR

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

so can I run a p06, or do i need the p72, will the p06 lose power cause its not controlling the IABs, or will it work fine? hmmm...p72 sounds like its gonna be hard to find too.
        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
          so can I run a p06, or do i need the p72, will the p06 lose power cause its not controlling the IABs, or will it work fine? hmmm...p72 sounds like its gonna be hard to find too.
          you can use a p06 just fine..just dissconect the IAB vaccume hose and they wil stay open all the time. you wont loose power becuase of it. the secondaries are mainly used for N/A so that the motor doesnt choke from lack of air. with turbo..you will be pushing more than enough air into the cylinders.

and yes, p72s are hard to find and really expensive if you can find one

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i'm working on the p06 iab conversion...just need to get the car up and running
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

why are you going to use a chipped ECU and an AFC together? there is no need.

but good luck with the setup..

92 intergra ls ecu don't know the code name but company called european performance is gonna chip it for me because of the came i got

yea i know i don't need the afc

just gonna have either one or the other

with the afc controller can u control ur rev limit if not i'm just gonna get the teggi ecu chipped

H23vtec
              Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

things u can control with a chipped ecu:
                Rev limit
                Two-step Rev limiter
                fuel
                ignition timing
                speed governer
                iab's
                vtec
                02 sensor
                closed loop
                open loop

and also...why would u use a 1g mani with a t-25? The 2g flows better and is less prone to cracking not to mention u would need an adapter plate to get the t-25 on the 1g mani

and the 92 teg ecu is a p61...i'm not even sure if there is the code for that ecu has been figured out...but to each his own
                Last edited by MRX; 01-13-2005, 10:03 AM.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

things u can control with a chipped ecu:
                  Rev limit
                  Two-step Rev limiter
                  fuel
                  ignition timing
                  speed governer
                  iab's
                  vtec
                  02 sensor
                  closed loop
                  open loop

YEAH I want all that plus the afc b/c once the ecu is chipped and it leaves the shop i still would like to fine witht the afc 2 myself b/c with the cam is lumpy and all and plus my car pulls all the way to 6500 not to 5500

and there's no adapter plate needed for the 1st gen and the t25 it's already bolted together and ready to go on

H23vtec
                  Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

Comment

also who sells the p06's or p05's and for how much might just go ahead and use the one r33 has on his car

H23vtec
                    Kee Built/Tuned

Comment

the afc while changing the fuel by "sizing" the injectors up and down changes the timing also. I don't think u quite understand what me and r33 are saying and u seem so dead set on adding the afc i'll just let u do your thing.

The t-25 doesn't just bolt up to the 1g mani...you have a 2g mani. Ask any dsm'er...they won't just bolt up.

I have chipped p06's for $135 shipped...haha, i just remembered that r33's ecu was the original ecu i had when i first started

Comment

DIDN'T KNOW THE AFC DOES ALL THAT BY CHANGING THE FUEL

BUT MAYBE MINE IS A 2ND GEN mani because it bolts up 2 the mani fine

and i have talken to dsm'ers and they say that the t25 fits the 1g and 2g no problem

H23vtec
                        Kee Built/Tuned

Comment

hmm...i'll look more into it but my sources always said it they didn't match.

Comment

mine for some reason lines right up

not trying to be a but whole or anything i know everything except the ecu stuff

but yea i just wanted a chipped ecu with

Two-step Rev limiter

fuel
                            ignition timing
                            speed governer-removed
                            iab's-dont' have any the butterflies are out
                            02 sensor-what's different with this
                            closed loop-maybe b/c of the cam that i have
                            open loop-b/c the car pulls the 6500 b/c of the cam

if u could let me know what u can do with that i know that it'll be different b/c the cam

but scott from delta cam said it will work very good with the turbo

H23vtec
                            Kee Built/Tuned

Comment

theone is using the same cam as you + turbo'd with a 14b and he's on my original basemap. You'll be fine fuel wise and the money u spend on the afc could be used to buy urself a chip burner and add more fuel where u need without touching the timing or vice versa.

your cam wouldn't make a bit of difference with the open and closed loop tho it would have only have its affect on ignition timing and fuel

Comment

oh ok i didn't know any oh the mods that he has so how much will u be willing to sell the ecu with the same base map b/c i will really need one pretty soon

so what's the price on one

thanks

H23vtec
                                Kee Built/Tuned

Comment

Working...
                                X