Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Wideband options and install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wideband options and install questions

I am currently in the works of getting everything setup on the car to do some tuning.

Plan is to go with a socked P06 and the Moates Demon so I or a shop can tune the car as changes are made since this will be a somewhat long process. If I'm going to spend the money, just as well make it somewhat easy on myself.
    Tuning will be done with Neptune, eCtune or Chrome (depending on the shop or whichever one I decide to take the plunge with). So all of that is pretty much thought out and planned. The only thing I haven't decided on is the wideband 02, so here are my questions.

1. Which setup would any of the suggest? I've been debating over the Innovate LC-1 or the AEM UEGO since I can find those at a reasonable price new or used. I know there are a few more options, but those two seem to be more commonly used.

2. Does anyone have any pictures or even a guide as to how they hooked up either one (or any WB02) to their ECU? Plan is to just run the WB02 constantly and not bother swapping the narrowband back in.

I've been researching all of this to death and reading on this subject for hours a day... almost feels like my head is going to explode. But this is a necessary step I need to take to continue my build.

Thanks in advance!
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

I personally have the plx dm-5 wideband. I love it and whether it is commonly used or not it works great. No need to get something else when it works perfect. I don't know about crome but i know ectune has a feature on there program to set the wideband input with a few options. I have mine in the cel input. It's all confusing trying to figure it out how everything goes. But once you have the wideband in your hands and looking at the instructions, it makes a lot more sense. Plus if you know your tuner and talk to him he should be able to guide you and let you know where to tap the wires into the ecu at.

GL

Comment

I used the LC-1 in my Accord and the PLX DM-5 in my Civic.

They are both very easy to install and set-up. There is a DIY somewhere on the internet how to wire the LC-1 in a Civic but the procedure it's 100% identical in an Accord.

The PLX DM-5 is just a little bit cheaper and also works great. I have been running it in my Civic for about a year (with the PLX gauge)

After I tune my car, I don't switch back to a narrow band (my ECU is always in open loop) I just don't see the need to enable closed loop, although its easy to do if you want to.

As for engine management, IMO Crome free is the greatest thing ever. It has all the features I will ever need plus more.
      Last edited by rexload; 02-28-2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I decided to go with the LC-1, got a good deal on a complete kit.

But yeah I will play with Crome free before paying for anything. It's hard trying to do everything as cheap as possible and do it with high quality pieces and parts.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
          They are both very easy to install and set-up. There is a DIY somewhere on the internet how to wire the LC-1 in a Civic but the procedure it's 100% identical in an Accord.
          Is this the how-to you were talking about? I ran across it a while ago and yeah it definitely helped clear a few things up.

Comment

yep, that's the one.

Comment

I went with the aem uego does the job everytime. It was simple for me.

Comment

Working...
              X