Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

taking away fuel for power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking away fuel for power

to a point running lean will add power... but what bad can happen if you try and run too lean?

whats the highest you can run and still be safe?

i was looking over all my graphs and previous runs had a 5hp gain in the midrange because it was running more lean.

at 5600, one runs afr was at 13.42 producing 154.02whp. and another was at 14.17 making an even 159. is there any sideaffect to running leaner?

lots, incredibly high combustion temperatures to start out with, pinging and detonation. You can blow a motor very fast running too lean. The key is to run as lean as possible, without risking ANY pinging, detonation or otherwise. You can run a little leaner at the track than around town. Best way to tune for this, is obviously on the dyno

- Nathan
    Nathan Morris

92 Accord LX - RIP
    92 Civic CX B18B1 Hatch - RIP (126whp, i/h motor)
    99 Civic EX Coupe w/ 1.9L stroker on the way, current at 121whp.

nonVTEC.com - Technical discussion for F, D, and H series nonVTEC tuners

H22Power.com

Comment

TRU-dat

Comment

does the safe range change depending on what you have done to the car?

whats the leanest you can run and stay safe?

all i have are cams so it should be much different than stock.

Comment

I tried with mine by tinkerin with the aftermarket fpr tunning by wo psi down and up from stock

Comment

Working...
          X