Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Calling all F20A/F22B/H23 owners looking into chipped ecu's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News News News!!!!! Extra! Extra!

well, me n wikked got together and came up with an idea. he combined the f22b fuel map i made with midnites timing map for laughs. i said hell with it i'll "play" around with it (haha wikked) so to make a basemap i added 5% below 4k then 1% fuel all over on top of that. today i got access to a laptop and did some datalogging and tuning on the road thanks to a dc to ac converter. so much nicer. found a great road in the middle of a business district. was great made some runs and tuned quite a bit. after 2 hours i came up with this map. im adding the datalog pic to this....basically, i'm scrapping the ls ignition. gonna go this route. stay tuned. im leaning the map out 2% before 3400 and 1% before 4k. should be pretty good...little rich but thats fine with me....imo looks like my peak torque is at 4700ish and peak hp is at 5500ish due to the distinct lean spots on the datalog.
    good stuff.
    Last edited by iamanonymous; 03-30-2005, 02:19 AM.
    I hate thieves!

Comment

Ha Ha My Picture Looks Better Dude!!!!! thats funny how we were both typing and working...funny we think alike too....scary...
      I hate thieves!

Comment

u h03.. meh meh.. well well.. MY PIC IS BIGGER SO HA!! lol <3

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Good progress guys but i still believe in the LS-timing. And i wouldn't have made it so conservative it the guy at his dyno shop was crying about "oh thats too much timing." then todd got scared and teary eyed and wanted me to change it ... So did u guys keep the vac timing the same or what? Did u just use my boost columns or all of the p06 ignition? Seeing as how both flatten out about 3-4k its not to hard to match them. Peak hp can't be found on the datalog btw. However, peak tq can be found on the fuel map (where the most fuel is being dumped). My fuel map starts to fall a little after 5k i believe and although it doesn't plummet its considerably lower at 6k and thats where my Peak HP is. So only the dyno can tell really....unless the fuel is falling on its face at some point...then its kinda easy to guesstimate lol. Good work fellas and todd i'm proud to see your confidence.
          Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

we used the entire p06 ignition map.. i didnt know todds dyno guy was being a h03.. but meh.. were sticking to it.. todd already feels the improvement even with a unstable 10.7-11.7 by that i mean it moves throughtout the map not 10.7 straight to 11.7.. lol.. well see what happens hopefully today we can play with it somewhere.. haha todd "play"... get on aim antoine

WWW.AIM.COM
            "AIMEXPRESS"

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

can't get on aim at work, and only one comp is working at mere's house and that one goes out from time to time

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

bumpskie
                patently awaiting the final release of the f22b map....

Comment

are you waiting for the turbo f22b map? or the NA f22b map?
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

talk to iamanonymous about posting the f22b map. Its almost complete but i haven't had the chance to talk to him the past couple of days. He'll chime in tho. Todd, whats good in ur area? And 92ex why's the turbo postponed?

Comment

I have Iam's f22b map, before he switched ignition maps. I don't know if he wants me to give it out though, I think he told me something about not doing that.

Turbo postponed mainly because I am debating, if I do the turbo now, my mounts won't be filled, so I can't do anything stupid in it. It's actually not a question of money, rather time. I was shooting for the weekend of the nashville meet, but when I got back from spring break I was dead tired. I am starting to work on the intercooler pipes now. I am running the 450ccs along with a p05 using r33's f22a basemap, and man that thing is rich. My idle is about 3k on a cold start, and I can smell the unburnt gas. Also having problems getting my moates burner to work on my laptop. Last problem, I don't have enough couplings... Eric sent them out awhile ago and for some reason they aren't here yet.
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

damn i cant wait til i get my sohc f20a and throw on all my turbo crap!
                        92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

Originally posted by 92ex
                          I have Iam's f22b map, before he switched ignition maps. I don't know if he wants me to give it out though, I think he told me something about not doing that.

Turbo postponed mainly because I am debating, if I do the turbo now, my mounts won't be filled, so I can't do anything stupid in it. It's actually not a question of money, rather time. I was shooting for the weekend of the nashville meet, but when I got back from spring break I was dead tired. I am starting to work on the intercooler pipes now. I am running the 450ccs along with a p05 using r33's f22a basemap, and man that thing is rich. My idle is about 3k on a cold start, and I can smell the unburnt gas. Also having problems getting my moates burner to work on my laptop. Last problem, I don't have enough couplings... Eric sent them out awhile ago and for some reason they aren't here yet.
                          Turn ur FIV all the way down to solve ur cold idle prob. The rest is just tuning. U should probably use todd's map because my f22a map was rich on his setup too but i think most of that is solved now. And no don't post the map yet till we've got more bugs worked out. I still say stick to the LS based ignition but he seems to be having success with my ignition map. Just be patient tho man, sounds like ur doing it right. Boost can wait...

Comment

p06 ignition its t3h rox0rz.. lol.. ummm u should try to help out gdoutflip.. got his f22b dohc in and running todds map.. he seems to be getting some stuttering and is incredibly rich.. oh and when they stopped at a gas station todd revved it to 5k and got a nice flame out the exhaust.. is it lean spike or extremely rich?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

well stuttering generally means lean, but he's probably rich in boost, todd has become a very good tuner. He's more than capable of figuring it out i would think. Especially with the aid of his wideband. I was lean, retarded and hitting a wall in limp mode when i shot out a flame.

Comment

well they were rushed to get it done and finished like at 3am so john went home and todd went to sleep lol.. but i guess well see what happens

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                                X