Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Calling all F20A/F22B/H23 owners looking into chipped ecu's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of progress is being made ladies and gents. Iamanonymous has his f22b with a 14b and the zeitronix wideband all hooked up and logging runs. So far we've got a practically straight a/f curve with no spikes of lean or rich, everything is smooth, there are no hiccups reported. And we're getting around a 11.4-12.1ish in the important areas of the map. 2k-3k is still a bit lean but we're working on it. We started off with a stock ls map with my boost columns was all and things are going quite well. Peak tq seems to be around 5000-5150rpm and the a/f at that point is now 11.9ish. We're shooting for a flat 11.5 or so across the board. So yea the f22b is a stroked LS motor as i suspected. Stay tuned folks ...
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

updates may be in a little while due to the fact that i don't have a laptop. i am gonna burn that new map, and try to get to a laptop tonight. here's part of the log.
      I hate thieves!

Comment

btw i added that yellow line as a reference point. those are the readings for approximately that point.
        I hate thieves!

Comment

What were the idle a/f's? Have u fixed the cold idle prob yet?

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

10.10 idle af if im not mistaken
            everything runs fine
            every once in a while it'll die for no reason, but i dont think im the only one....
            I hate thieves!

Comment

k, so that little low rpm lean spot in boost and the idle are basically all that needs to be fixed b4 we release the map?

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                k, so that little low rpm lean spot in boost and the idle are basically all that needs to be fixed b4 we release the map?
                only if u added some fuel up top. i fixed the idle by adjusting the iab and my throttle cable since it was loose. the richness could use some work tho.
                I hate thieves!

Comment

yup fuel was added up top by 1%...i'd only taken out a little more than that when it was running 11.2's up top

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
                    yup fuel was added up top by 1%...i'd only taken out a little more than that when it was running 11.2's up top
                    awesome
                    i have three hands.....hahahahahaaha jk
                    I hate thieves!

Comment

hey iif you guys needs a guniea pig im in. good job guys

Comment

i am excited you guys are comparing it to the ls. I cant wait to see dyno numbers.

Comment

bumped up the timing a little and added more fuel.......
                          11.4 to 11.8 air/fuel ratio. not too shabby
                          I hate thieves!

Comment

heres a pic of the new datalog
                            I hate thieves!

Comment

after looking over iam's work... and him describing the wierd 3rd gear drag.. were gonna play with it somewhat 2morrow.. try to work on timing and optimizing that hopefully curing that.. not to mention his idle which seems to be pretty low.. anyway.. overall its an awesome start.. breaking new grounds.. much props..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

update.. good progress..

well i started talking to IAM again and damnit.. he made me catch the tuning bug.. so.. after a good nights worth of talking we came up with something.. the LS ignition map is too laid back and conservative (my believe is whats causing his lag in 3rd gear that he feels) so i came up with a solution.. i love the p06 ignition tables myself.. just how their setup is perfect and proves so with all of the basemap/tuned maps for dsm/t3/t4/16g bins.. after looking at dyno graphs.. bin after bin.. me and IAM hybridized (my new word) the maps together.. so now we have

IAM's F22b dohc basemap mixed with Midniteracerx's turbov12 ignition bin
                                he came back tonite with results

Cliff notes:
                                to be on the safe side we added 5 percent fuel throughout the entire map,the ignition map is more aggressive then the LS and sooner to boot

so after about 2 hours of working with it IAM came up with this

: timing retard 10%
                                : added 5% below 4k then 1% fuel all over on top of that basemap (in addition)

what we came out with? an Average a/f of 10:7-11:7
                                10:7 in the low end(this is due to us being safe for right now)
                                we have uncovered two lean spikes that werent there before we are both thinking that its his peak tq and peak hp at these two points
                                peak tq being 4,700 and peak tq being 5,500

heres the full run
                                cliffs:
                                Hybrid map Iams f22b base fuel/MRX's v12 ign map
                                3rd gear pull
                                2hr worth of tuning

what yall think?
                                Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 03-30-2005, 02:33 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                                X