Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Calling all F20A/F22B/H23 owners looking into chipped ecu's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsdow
    well the maps you sent me for burning i took to a shop that burns chips for hondata and uber. well, there were problems. the chip i burned (and they) caused my car to go into the "backup" mode. yes i tried flipping chip. no i WILL NOT go back there for dyno tune. now it sucks cuz my car runs like shit and i have no way to fix it currently. cant go above 4k and is super rich with idle at 1.8k. btw midnite he said the f22a map looks great but feels the timing on the f22b map to be very dangerous in the boost sections.
    I hate thieves!

Comment

lemme guess...u only had one chip to burn on huh? I'm not sure how the boost section is "very dangerous" seeing as i took out an average of .75* per lb of boost and ended with 22* of timing at 11psi from the original *30 of at 0 vac. I'll take out another 2* but i can almost guarantee it won't detonate even the slightest bit. Also DO NOT START FLIPPING AROUND THE CHIP WHEN U THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH IT. IT GOES IN ONE WAY AND ONE WAY ONLY!!! Sorry had to get my point across because it is not part of the trouble shooting procedure. The white arrow on the chip should always be facing towards the center console/towards the ecu plug harness. Will i be needing to send you 2 chips? One with a ls ignition/boost and the map r33 modified of mine?
      Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        i no longer trust anyone except you and eric. btw this is also for gdout
        check your pm
        I hate thieves!

Comment

we'll get u back on the road asap sir...and same to you gdout

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

you're da man
            I hate thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              achord - how does the h22 basemap run? It should be okay for low cam portion and partial throttle but should need work around 4000rpm to redline
              It's alright.. you're exactly right, tho, it's far from right at 4000-red.
              butt-dyno tells me that 4-5k is the best range.. but it falls off beyond there.
              I can't judge low end correctly, since i'm running vac-controlled IAB..
              the PT6 seems to excel in the 0-3000 range, with P14 coming in behind (also good for 4-5k)
              I've also been having quite a few problems with other unrelated things, like a dead ECT :thumbsdow so it's been hard to tell and to work with it until recently

Comment

ok time for a comparo. (light)(only about 15 mins)
                -----------f22a-t+ignadv====================f22b-tw/b18timing

idle--------smooth (500ish)==================smooth (500ish)
                cold idle---??? not accurate due to ecu boot=====??? same (will know later)
                500-4k----smooth (iab hooked to vacuum)=======smooth (a little faster)
                4k-6.5k----much quicker than pt3=============quicker than f22a but dies off around 6k (expected)
                decel------very smooth=====================slightly jerky (elaborate later)
                overall, it's a toss-up f22a map is smoother, and f22b map is faster. both are slightly different in those categories. i believe either could be finer tuned for this motor (duh). i will be getting a burner soon and probably a wideband o2. r33 speak up and let me know your thoughts on the a/f gauges. thanks mrx for everything.
                I hate thieves!

Comment

I'll blend the maps. I know exactly what to do to get the best of both worlds. If you find any coughs or stutters please let me know.

Comment

i'll post again later. hopefully, i can go more in depth.
                    I hate thieves!

Comment

car is definately faster.......very rich tho...you can smell it....i think i surprised gdout....we were side by side but he was shifting at like 5k. does that help?
                      I hate thieves!

Comment

is there anyway someone can send me the basemap .bin file for the f22a6 PT6 ecu? im just geting started tuning and i want to experiment a little with and extra ecu i have from a 93. thanks alot.
                        also any tips, suggestions, or anything on uber orhondata or anything would be greatly appreciated.
                        thanks.
                        lifes better in a wagon.

Comment

Look at the sticky "chipped ecu thread" in this performance section. The only real tested available basemap is that of my own and its in that thread (somewhere in the middle). You can't use an accord or prelude ecu (pt3, pt6, p13 or p14) with uberdata in case that 93 ecu u speak of is an accord ecu. You'll find all the tips suggestions and links for help u need in the chipped ecu thread also. Best of luck

Comment

Test maps

http://home.comcast.net/~ndd3d/h23.bin - that one is the one i made for the h23 with boost

http://home.comcast.net/~ndd3d/f22bp06.bin - this is for the jdm f22b with boost

Both maps are using my fuel tables in boost for safety reasons. I tuned my engine to run a 11.4-11.7 a/f in boost. So it'd just be a basemap for you guys to get going to and fro till u can tune it yourself or hit a dyno.

Both maps are set up with slightly advanced ls timing.

Iamanonymous - If you have your boost gauge hooked up could u please tell me where u think its rich and at what vac setting? The map i posted was based on ur findings but i still kept the WOT section the same (hopefully its not too rich)

Comment

honestly it only smells rich in the lower rpms.....i bought new plugs today and will put them in when i mount the turbo. gimme a week i just ordered the ic piping and oil line parts.....i do have a boost gauge hooked up but i really haven't had a chance to really check it cuz i've been with my babies. btw throwing code 41-i believe its the o2 sensor heater. i was throwing that code b4 too. cna it be disengaged. consequences?
                              I hate thieves!

Comment

your already running in open loop ( directly from the map without 02 input) so disabling the 02 sensor should have no adverse effects.

As for the richness is that WOT or just cruising?

Comment

Working...
                                X