Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ebay header instal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay header instal

Hi guys im kinda in a jam while trying to instal a aftermarket header on my 91 ex with "AC" it seems that the ac hose is in the way......dose this have to come off? thanks

probably if you pull off the header from the bottom you wont have to worry about that.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Just delicately flex it out of the way. You shouldn't have to move it much to get your header in there. If you disconnect it you're violating some EPA laws and could cause a serious freeze burn from the temperature of the refrigerant that's coming out. I don't know that you can fit the header up from the bottom as previously mentioned, but you can try.

Comment

The aluminium flange and pipe that connect into the flexible hose ARE in the way
        You WILL have to remove that flange/pipe to install the header

What i did was refabricate the flange so the pipe exit was on an angle, which with the hose attatched misses the header by about 20mm

You could do the same, or just lose your AC.. I'm Aussie, AC isn't optional
        Built & Boosted.

Comment

Have fun gettin those downpipe nuts on the header!

Comment

post up a pick when done the install
            92 Accord EX - SOLD

PSN: REDxMAN-_-

MR===>http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=146478

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
              Have fun gettin those downpipe nuts on the header!
              put some wd40 or pb blaster on it. For me it wasnt hard at all to take them off, a long extention from the bottom did it.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The problem with my old ebay header is that I couldnt get to the down pipe bolts at all. I bought a Ractive header and it fits ALOT better. Still not perfect but its a hell of a lot better than ebay junk.

Comment

Working...
                X