Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

I got my idea... dual throttle bodies... help me on some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my idea... dual throttle bodies... help me on some questions

Okay guys i was thinking of making a set of ITB's but then i looked at my spare a1 intake mani and was thinking i dunno if it'll work... you need the IACV and EGR valve... well taking about the IM i got to thinking i could do DUAL accord throttle bodies, 2 cylinders for each throttle body!!! but i need to know the following questions:

1. Are all the Coolant Lines connected on the IM and TB just to cool off the IM???? and if i blocked those off would it hurt it at all... my guess is it wouldn't and it might get a little hotter than normal...

2. how would you by-pass the IACV if you could... it would throw a CEL...

help me out!
    HAN - ZiviCase10287
    Honda-tech - zivicase
    HMT - draztik
    d-series - draztik
    Team Integra - RacinMasonC

i was thinkin of that same thing excpet having 4. like a blower on top of a honda or something haha.
    ]

Comment

I was thinking about doin a duel set up, but then i decided it was kind of lame. Just go for the 4 tb's and make an itb set up. Itb;s are the best induction mod you can do for a NA engine. Or go turbo which is what i decided and on a side note is also the SHIT! 2 is better then 1 but not as good as 4 and def not as good as a turbo...If you are having trouble finding some itbs, i have a set in my basement off of a suzuki 750 that i will sell ya if you decide to go that route, also i have a garrett t3 turbo that i can also sell you if you go that way. Just let me know!
      My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

okay well i was thinking... how would the ITB's work without the fast idle control valve and without the IACV?????? thats why i was thinking of dual throttle bodies cuz then i can still fab something up from the stock throttle body to hook to the IACV...

and turbo is for my 91 civic hatch si i've had 2 turbo set ups on and can find the right size turbo for it... by the way...........................................

...... about that garrett T3.. what size is it??? if its .42/.48 i'll take it!!!! if its in good condition.. but if its not state the size of it please!!!! thanks!
        HAN - ZiviCase10287
        Honda-tech - zivicase
        HMT - draztik
        d-series - draztik
        Team Integra - RacinMasonC

Comment

If you weld some kind of plenum to the end of the TB's you'll be able to use it on a turbo'd car. I've thought about this too, from all aspects...the area of the TB's would have to be ~1/4 the size of the stock one, or a little bigger to get flow. I think the TB's from an EF or EG Civic CX/DX would work, and would be really cheap too. From there any old plenum would do, and I dunno about all the vacuum sensors but I think you could just put them on the new plenum.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

coolant lines: cold idle valve not crucial, but if u dont ook the coolant up, the idle will not raise due to clod weather....

IACV make some kind of a baseplate to mount it on and connect both im's to it....

Dunnow if it would work... good luck

No projects at the moment... danm

2k20:
            For sale Demon+ tunerview RD2 Make offer brand new in box

Comment

Have you seen this project from the guys @ homemadeturbo.com?
              I belive he built this system for his Civic motor using Suzuki ITBs.

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/itb/

Comment

yea I seen that one with the 4 TB's that was cool.
                always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

thats sickk!

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

PM me if you want some 2001 F4i Honda CBR 38mm port ITBs. They are like new, I have pics $150 shipped.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

There's no way warm engine coolant would ever DECREASE the temperature of your TB/IM. You can go without the lines, no problem. Like Dutchaccord said, it's there for winter.

Comment

all that custom fabbing for Dual TB's?

waste of time. Go with ITB's.
                        92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

In the end it seems like one hell of alot of work

Comment

Working...
                          X