Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my turbo kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my turbo kit

here are some pics of my up and comming turbo project
    all i need is a new block, and a chipped ecu
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...2/f5c75d64.jpg
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...7/f5c75cf5.jpg
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...f/f5c75d37.jpg
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...1/f5c75d0b.jpg
    Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Looks good, esp. that manifold. What kind of #'s/boost are you looking to get?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i would like to get 240 out of it i also have a vtec head which is good for 15hp, a jdm h23 intake manifold, dsm injectors, 2.5in straight exhaust, and a new down pipe.im going to gut the car down to two racing seats. i want the car to look clean gutted too so im going to use a little sheet aluminum.im putting this motor into my 90 2dr accord.
      Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

I will post your pics, thank me later.
        Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

nice manifold. get a bigger turbo. dont even bother with that lil thing

Comment

that's what i was thinking. How hard would it be to change the turbo flange. it a really odd shape. what would be a good turbo t3/t4
            Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

it wouldn't be hard to change the flange just cut it off and have another one welded on...its only metal. Turbo size depends on how much money u've got. The t3 is nice but i'm using the t3/t04e myself
              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

your motor is pretty stock right? im just going to rebuild my new f22. how much boost could i run on a rebuilt motor. im also going to use a block guard
                Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

yea my motor has no internal work. No matter how u look at it if u rebuild an f22 with stock parts its still limited by stock limits. Just cause its newer it doesn't mean it can withstand higher pressures or forces. 14psi seems to be the highest anyone takes the engine in stock form. I won't personally go above 11psi unless i'm trying to blow it up on purpose. And as for the block guard i've heard of it causing cooling problems. And if me and Theone are both having cooling probs already i don't think it'd be good to go in and restrict the coolant flow even more lol. I've also heard of the sleeves warping out of alignment because the bracing needs not be only at the top of the cylinder. Something like it causes uneven forces but i can't comfirm this. You could always look into block posting

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

yo midnite im tryin to make shonuffs chargepipes cause i didnt make my own the shop did that for me is there an easierway into taking measurements for his shit cause its getting on my nerves. BUt im boostin 18psi myself and im about to just give up on his car.

Comment

You'll need something thats thin and flexible and can keep a form. At first i was using normal speaker wire and a ruler that i had laying around the garage but now i just had the idea of using a clothes hanger. You'll just need to account for the outside diameter of the pipes so they don't run into anything in the engine bay. I'm assuming your trying to get the piping to the intercooler cause thats a bitch. If u get tired of working on that side of the turbo then start from the throttle body for some peace of mind lol. Is he keeping his a/c? What size piping are you using? If your still having probs with getting exact measurements then try using the silicone hump couplers. I got mine off ebay. They bend just enough to make up for bad angles between the pipes but remember to make sure all the pipes atleast touch. Lemme know if this helps

Comment

Originally posted by kccb7
                        your motor is pretty stock right? im just going to rebuild my new f22. how much boost could i run on a rebuilt motor. im also going to use a block guard
                        i really dont think you are gonna have to worry about the block on the F22 for a whlile...its the pistons and rods i would focus on.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

this isnt going to be a daily driven car. how high should i boost it? what does block posting consist of?
                          Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

you'll need to look up block posting yourself. Google "block posting endyne" and start searching. 14psi is the most i'd ever boost a stock f22 block that didn't have a death wish and even then i wouldn't expect it to last long. Others have made it work tho

Comment

what were they using for fuel management? i thought i herd of this guy that used the hack and boosted like 18 psi daily.
                              Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

Working...
                              X