Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Header: Pacesetter/Megan/Noname ebay/ What do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header: Pacesetter/Megan/Noname ebay/ What do you prefer?

Hi, guys! Well my flexpipe is f***ed up so i decided to change the whole header with the downpipe.

I know there's a lot of threads about headers but my question is specific to Pacesetter, Megan Racing and ebay noname. .. What brand do you prefer?I need a header with a good durability.

Aslo i've seen Megan racing header have a oxygen sensor plug on one of the 4 pipes near the engine. And on my F22A6 header i dont have a oxy sensor on one of these pipes so what will the plug do if i dont use it ? Can i put a bolt in the hole ? I dont get it ....

for the O2 sensor usually the ebay ones have two locations. one in the header and one in the down pipe

you use what ever one is for your trim level.

there's a bolt in there that plugs the one you don't use.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

There will be very little difference performance wise between the 3.

You'll definitely want to get new gaskets for whichever one you buy.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
        for the O2 sensor usually the ebay ones have two locations. one in the header and one in the down pipe

you use what ever one is for your trim level.

there's a bolt in there that plugs the one you don't use.
        Ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
          There will be very little difference performance wise between the 3.

You'll definitely want to get new gaskets for whichever one you buy.
          Ok and between Pacesetter and Megan racing, what sould be better? And for the gaskets what brand of gasket do you buy? Jobber? Honda gaskets are probably costy...

Comment

Personally, I hate Pacesetter products in general.

Megan headers are a little more common on here, but I'm still unsure of the quality.

As for better gaskets, go to Autozone and buy their gasket set.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

For the price of a megan header, you could probably get a f22a4 header and have a larger collector welded on and it would out perform them all.
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                Personally, I hate Pacesetter products in general.

Megan headers are a little more common on here, but I'm still unsure of the quality.

As for better gaskets, go to Autozone and buy their gasket set.
                So Megan is not a quality brand for header ?

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                  For the price of a megan header, you could probably get a f22a4 header and have a larger collector welded on and it would out perform them all.
                  Well i dont wanna mess with welding and getting things to fit...

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                    So Megan is not a quality brand for header ?
                    I didn't say that. I said I don't know about the quality of them.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

just get the bisi header no better bang for your buck and if you hurry you can probably still get the discounted price!

8 Accords so far:
                      '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                      '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                      (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                        i thought the a6 was better then the a4...he has an a6 one already...

Comment

there is no dyno proving that the a4 is better than the a6 however there is dyno proof that megan outperforms DC and there have been many many threads about dc header poor quality not only on this forum but others. if you are N/A then bisi for the win if u got the money but probably like yourself you dont wanna fork over that much money for a header. i have a megan haeader but havent installed it and it has 02 holes in both locations ( on the header and on the Y of the downpipe just FYI. )

i like my a6 header for the top end.
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

An ebay header may or may not have fitment issues, due to the low quality. Megan Racing headers are awesome, PERIOD. Great quality for the price, and they do the job just fine. I'm not sure about Pacesetter, I have no experience with them, but I haven't heard good things.
                            R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

All companies start out from somewhere. I remember when Omnipower coils came out and people were still TEIN or nothing but Omni's were the best bang for the buck. I also remember back in the day when Skunk2 was known as Skunkworks. Who the hell would buy a product with the word "skunk" in it? I bet they must stink....but look at them now.

When Megan started to showup, alot of sellers promoted their stuff on e-bay like all other brands so already it got dubbed "a e-bay brand" in which it really isn't. Haha just for the Honda guys, the name Megan sounded like a generic Mugen...but time and time again hey have proved to have quality products for a great price and their stuff is nothing like "OBX" (i consider a ebay brand)

Im still waiting on my buddies Megan 350z Y-pipe to come in. Their Y-pipe has proved to have the best overall sound and performance when mated to the Nismo exhaust without worry of cracking because of the built in flex pipes. Some of the higher priced Y-pipes have shown to crack when mated with the 350z Nismo exhaust because they don't come with flex pipes. Most of the brands that have flex pipes start at 300+ On the 350z forums, megan is the way to go for the Nismo exhaust mating.
                              Last edited by Warudakumi; 01-01-2010, 06:56 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                              JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                              1994 Prelude V-Tec
                              1999 CL 3.0
                              2000 Prelude
                              2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                              1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                              1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"