Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Turbo or allmotor guys comon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo or allmotor guys comon

Tell me which one would you go for guys turbo or allmotor and why? give reasons and what you want out of your set-ups with or without building and when do you plan to.

i'm going turbo. why? because i wanna see if i can build an accord that can hit 11s on street tires.

i plan on boosting my stock H22 about 6-7psi making no more than 280whp with a T4. once i hit that i'm done with that motor, and i'll build up the brakes/suspension. on the side i'll buy a junked USDM longblock and have it built for 450-500whp and swap it in whenever it's done. i should hit ~280 before this summer....but it might be a year before i get another block built.
    Four rods enter, one rod leaves...

Comment

I am going to go All-Motor. I think the reason I am going all motor is because I am infactuated with throttle response and raw, pure power. (Not saying you can't have good throttle response and pure power with turbo) I am intrigued by squeezing power out of a motor without the help of FI. I like high compression, high redlines, and high HP ratings. I know that if I want high HP numbers, I should go FI, but I feel that the challenge is the main reason why I want to go all motor. In conclusion, I am going to go all motor because I like decent HP numbers with high RPM's.
      "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

Any other comments about it. Does anyone else care to cmment on what should i do comon I need more imput about what do i want to do these ideas are great keep em comin. Now I hear more shit about people blowing their engines and shit like blowing their ringlands and whatnot. Now how can I boost safely about shit I want atleast 230whp. I am about to buy a turbo eclipse and rebuild the turbo and take clean the injectors and just repair it and go and start from their with the manifold and everything the motor alone costs about 500

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
          Any other comments about it. Does anyone else care to cmment on what should i do comon I need more imput about what do i want to do these ideas are great keep em comin. Now I hear more shit about people blowing their engines and shit like blowing their ringlands and whatnot. Now how can I boost safely about shit I want atleast 230whp. I am about to buy a turbo eclipse and rebuild the turbo and take clean the injectors and just repair it and go and start from their with the manifold and everything the motor alone costs about 500
          I am "all motor". 13.07 @ 104 in my "famly car" without power adders really makes the V8 guys shake their heads in bewilderment. That makes it all worth while.

Comment

I say for easy HP go with turbo, since you can start with low boost for safe 5-6psi and up the boost when you have more money or more done to the engine. many people up the boost to much and blow their engine. but they are running what 10+spi with stock internal and what not.... or melting piston because they don't have enough fuel. now other like me just flood the engine with fuel and get poor power but once it dyno tune, power is gain back

so on turbo car going faster is turning up the boost, without blowing up the engine. WIth N/A yes you get all hat power out the engine, but the it require lot of time and money to get an engine running right (plus extensive engine knowledge). Lot of parts to find and buy, it cost alot if you have the shop do everything, but if you ahave a spare engine sitting around then y not, but if you want your car up and running within several week, I say turbo it and start boost .

How Ironic from a guy who his turbo been giving him trouble from day 1
            90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
            < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

I am swapping in a h22 and manual tranny. My first goal was 300 whp. A small number, but a large number. I later learned that 300 is about 40hp out of range on stock internals, but the very low end of potential to get there. I mean you'll need a fully built engine to get to there so why not go for more if it will handle it. I started out wanting to build a h22 to run a T4 turbo and use nitrous to spool the turbo faster. These intentions were shot down after the amount of danger that it would cause to me and the engine. Its do able, but in race situations. Secondally, I decided on a FMAX T3/T4 turbo kit. I was all about it till I started thinking about the 4 grand price tag. I pretty much pushed that idea to the back of my head. Third, I figured I'd go with a 75 shot of Laughing gas. The best bang for your buck. Plus, using NO2 I could let my wife drive it and not be scared she would be tearing up the streets in it. My car still has to be a daily driver. My long term dream would be to run a 11.99 at the nopi nationals and be told to leave. I will never put a roll cage in my accord. For now I'm sticking with the stock h22 and a 75 shot NOS wet kit. I may move to a direct port system later.
              Pictures of my Car
              Check out my Interactive Service Manual CD's

More Coming Soon!

Comment

just 230whp? buy a drag turbo kit and get it tuned. you'll have more than enough power.

Comment

All motor requires a lot more money to get you running with the big boys. Plus you can only get so much out of the engine after a while. You can only get so much natural air into our 4 cylinders, thats why many people use Forced induction. I am getting a t3/t4 in the spring. Gotta show up them little civics down the block.

Comment

I am going with all motor. I like FI, but I hear about a lot of problems that I don't want to deal with. I want to push over 200hp through my f22a1. Not to begin with though. I want to slowly build it up. Rods, pistons, bearings, rings, cam, new head, valve springs, retainers, valves, etc. I know that it takes a lot of money to build an all motor beast but I think it is worth it.
                    Also, is 300hp impossible out of a properly built f22a1 motor? If it is feasable that is my goal. I'm probably dreaming though!
                    FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

yeah 300whp is definitely possible. just check out Bisi's CRX! fastest NA non-VTEC SOHC.....he's running a carbed F22 though. good luck on figuring that out.

Comment

I'm still in your position here I am not completely sure what I want to do. If I do go with motor though I will still have it built to handle a decent shot of nitrous whenever I want/need the extra power. I really want to go with a turbo/nitrous set up but it just depends on if I get enough money for it. I don't really see how people figure that turbo is cheaper... the only way you will pay less going turbo is if you run stock internals which won't really get you too far. The throttle response from all motor is nice but turbo cars are just awesome to drive. If you have the money or will at some point in time have the money I would definitely recommend going turbo because it is a lot easier to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                          I'm still in your position here I am not completely sure what I want to do. If I do go with motor though I will still have it built to handle a decent shot of nitrous whenever I want/need the extra power. I really want to go with a turbo/nitrous set up but it just depends on if I get enough money for it. I don't really see how people figure that turbo is cheaper... the only way you will pay less going turbo is if you run stock internals which won't really get you too far. The throttle response from all motor is nice but turbo cars are just awesome to drive. If you have the money or will at some point in time have the money I would definitely recommend going turbo because it is a lot easier to upgrade.
                          Gather all the parts yourself and have a hop install it or do it yourself, 5-7 psi and have it tuned. Then gradually build the inside. If you go with a Greddy kit or something like that you WILL pay an ass load of money.

Comment

i am going ALL MOTOR...the reason being is like someone else said raw power.....also for the fact that the turbo costs alot of money....i am cheap..but also cause i dont' want to have to custom fab anything because there is the big chance of losing power in the process....pretty much i am doing the basic bolt ons and going from there....

WHO CARES ABOUT THE STEREO, I WANNA HEAR MY EXHAUST!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91SCAccord
                              i am going ALL MOTOR...the reason being is like someone else said raw power.....also for the fact that the turbo costs alot of money....i am cheap..but also cause i dont' want to have to custom fab anything because there is the big chance of losing power in the process....pretty much i am doing the basic bolt ons and going from there....
                              turbo's are expensive, yes, but if you want to get the kind of speed your gonna get out of a turbo kit, you will be spending more on n/a. i/h/e cost what...800-1000 bux and they give you 15 hp if your lucky. i am more into reliability than speed so i woudl go n/a but if you want to go faster without spending LOTS of money, like 2point6 (not dogging your ride, i love what youve done with an n/a accord) go for the turrrrrbo

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Working...
                              X