Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

taking apart engine and cleaning.... help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taking apart engine and cleaning.... help???

i live in charlotte and it started snowing today.... so im gonna park it in the garage for about a month.... since ill be boosting shortly, i want to take apart the head and maybe block and clean everything out... i got a free F22A6 today and i have a F22A1 now.... i dont wanna swap the whole thing so what should i take from that engine to benefit mine for boost (intake manifold, cam)...... what should i clean all the internals with.... i want the internals to be spotless.... and if i find a busted ring or valve or something i can replace it with the F22A6 ones........ help!....... -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
    tranny (no grinds)
    ECU
    DC header w/ heat wrap
    full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
    $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

anyone?............................. bump

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
    tranny (no grinds)
    ECU
    DC header w/ heat wrap
    $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

??????????????????????

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
      tranny (no grinds)
      ECU
      DC header w/ heat wrap
      $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

How about some carb cleaner?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

carb cleaner for everything?...... i was told to soak the cam and valves and oil for about a day then clean them off..... and soak the pistons in gas..... -justin-

**PS: correct the info given if incorrect!!

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
          tranny (no grinds)
          ECU
          DC header w/ heat wrap
          $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

Gas is good to break down oil, then again so is carb cleaner...I used carb cleaner for my intake manifold and its parts, can't really help you with everything else

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

well dude. carburator cleaner. throte body cleaner. gas and gasoline. gasoline its one of the best things ever to clean stuff up.

if u take the engine appart. then u better off rebuild it. lol change piston rings. and rodds. etc. do a nice valve job clean up or whatever.
              then run the ngine for 5k. etc then boost it. lol so u don't have to worry about the engine blowing up. hahah just my thoughts though. since u gona take it appart.
              are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i was planning on just taking it apart and only adding a A6 cam to it and replacing stock internals that may be damaged...... i wanna boost it for a little while then take it apart again and build it up more...... i just wanna make sure all my internals are clean and not fried before i add 8psi to it........ correct me if im wrong........... -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
                tranny (no grinds)
                ECU
                DC header w/ heat wrap
                $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

that or u can make a compresion test. and if all the # are ok then boost it. u don't have to take it appart and clean it. lol
                  if u take it appart then rebuild the engine. u there why not change all the stuff lol. don't do the job twice. anyways its up to u.
                  are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

YEah man build that shit i wish i wouldda built mine when i had it out. or jsut run ur a1 att 20 compression till it blows
                    then throw the a6 in thier hahah that would be pretty sweet.
                    ]

Comment

Originally posted by too.slow.CB7
                      i was planning on just taking it apart and only adding a A6 cam to it and replacing stock internals that may be damaged...... i wanna boost it for a little while then take it apart again and build it up more...... i just wanna make sure all my internals are clean and not fried before i add 8psi to it........ correct me if im wrong........... -justin-
                      What the heck are you gonna do that for. If you wanna boost it for a lil while.. do it now, and dont boost it much. If you have the f22a6 sitting around, build that engine up, and keep that one for boost. When the time comes near, do whatever you want to the a1, and swap the newly built a6 in... run it for 5k, then boost it.

If you are gonna waste your time taking it apart just to boost it and take it apart again, you'll waste so much money, cuz you will want to replace all of the gaskets you come across.

So just build the extra a6
                      mess w/the a1 for now
                      when you get a6 done, swap it in

im sure mostly everyone will agree w/that that has done a swap.

Comment

Working...
                      X